Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
I am really getting sick of Lucas repeatedly milking this cow.

I'm really getting tired of this 3-D nonsense. "Let's take old technology and make it sound new and innovative, even though it's completely pointless."

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
I'm amazed at the reviews The Social Network is getting. Guess I'll have to check it out.

Saw it tonight. Really liked it. Justin Timberlake is so damn talented. He was very good, IMO, in the movie in addition to all his other talents. The guy who played Zuckerberg perfectly captured that genius social awkwardness. I recommend it to anyone.

Really surprised that they you feel some sympathy toward Zuckerberg and placed all the blame on Sean Parker.

Highly recommend Social Network. Casting, acting, and especially the writing, all fantastic.

But the real kicker to me, and I think people might miss it, is the cinematography. Its the kind of film where you don't think much about that aspect, but it was just fantastic.

You want to see a small example of a really great scene that ties together stellar cinematography, wonderful musical adaptation and putting two diametric emotions (competitive tension and monotony) at play in harmony - watch carefully the boat race scene (I'm not giving anything away here). Its 2 minutes of director awesomeness.

I love me some Fincher.

a cast reading leak has pretty much confirmed that the Riddler will be the villain in the upcoming Batman 3 movie. There have been a few different rumors as to who might play him (edward norton, joseph gordon-levitt, dane cook, johnny depp).

Anyone have any preferences as to whom they think would make a good riddler? I still think Jim Carrey embraced and embodied the character, but I know he wouldnt fit in Christopher Nolan's Batman Universe. I have a feeling he will pick a known commodity, but a surprise name.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
What about Jackie Earle Haley?

i could see that. But JEH has quite a sinister look, you could bring him in for a few different villains.

Catwoman or Talia Al-Ghul are also rumored to be in the movie

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
I liked the Eminem rumor.

until the casting is set, anyone that mentions the role will be rumored for it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
Heath Ledger wasn't a Nolan-style pick either, but he did a wonderful job.

i disagree. people didnt think ledger was a joker type actor, because they didnt know what type of joker that nolan was going to portray, but ledger played many different roles(comedy, drama, teeny bopper, hero adventure). david cross has pretty much played the same sort of character with little difference. i like it, i just dont think nolan would want him.

the riddler is going to have an edge, of that im sure

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
i disagree. people didnt think ledger was a joker type actor, because they didnt know what type of joker that nolan was going to portray, but ledger played many different roles(comedy, drama, teeny bopper, hero adventure). david cross has pretty much played the same sort of character with little difference. i like it, i just dont think nolan would want him.

the riddler is going to have an edge, of that im sure

Robin Williams?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Highly recommend Social Network. Casting, acting, and especially the writing, all fantastic.

But the real kicker to me, and I think people might miss it, is the cinematography. Its the kind of film where you don't think much about that aspect, but it was just fantastic.

You want to see a small example of a really great scene that ties together stellar cinematography, wonderful musical adaptation and putting two diametric emotions (competitive tension and monotony) at play in harmony - watch carefully the boat race scene (I'm not giving anything away here). Its 2 minutes of director awesomeness.

I love me some Fincher.

Yeah that boat race scene was spectacular.