The Silencing of Ozzie

RyanPaleAndHosed

I'm sure he wants his own site so he can sell Ozzie coffee mugs, neck ties, etc... I feel like I'd be more concerned about the twitter and the FB accounts if I were the front office. Plus It's not as if he's made inflammatory remarks this spring with them. Half the posts are in Spanish or about what he's cooking at his BBQs. What concerns me, is that Ozzie and Kenny have butted heads a lot this off season. It's what, only March for God's sake?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
Great. More Ozzie controversy. Can the season start yet?

Seriously. Not that spring training was ever fun, but this might be the most boring ST I've ever been around. Everything is pretty much set, so there's no threads about the 4th/5th SP, or who is our CF, etc.. anymore. We know who is in our 1-5, we know our lineup and rotating DH, we pretty much know our pen. When your best ST thread is "who is gonna be the MU/LOOGY guy" or "What did Ozzie say in his tweet today" you know your bored out of your ass.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
Great. More Ozzie controversy. Can the season start yet?

Thats the beauty of what he does. Nobody is talking about any of the players doing badly, everyone is talking about Ozzie. He sets it up that way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
Thats the beauty of what he does. Nobody is talking about any of the players doing badly, everyone is talking about Ozzie. He sets it up that way.

Except we haven't even started the regular season yet. This is all media trying to create stories to fill inches at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
Except we haven't even started the regular season yet. This is all media trying to create stories to fill inches at this point.

And with other teams, those stories are "Should we trade Mauer"..."Does McGwire really believe the steroids didn't help him"..."someone stop Torii Hunter/Milton Bradley/Carl Everett (i'm just assuming) from talking to the press".

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 07:12 AM)
I don't believe for a nanosecond that is true. He talks and talks because that's who he is. Often it would be better for everyone, especially Ozzie, if he'd just say nothing. In this hyped up media age that is not going to happen. People try to renew their 15 minutes of fame over and over again.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)

Cowley was on WSCR last night and had some things to say about KW and his ego and Guillen wanting the spotlight and KW being a tad envious of this. I see his point but I do not think the Sox outside of AJ have a player that wants the spotlight thus Guillen takes on all of the pressure that comes with it. Maybe KW's feelings are hurt that Guillen's fame is rising and KW is getting pushed to the background.

I personally think it is good for the team to have Guillen be the focal point.

KW will get a bat if needed.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:03 AM)
Cowley was on WSCR last night and had some things to say about KW and his ego and Guillen wanting the spotlight and KW being a tad envious of this. I see his point but I do not think the Sox outside of AJ have a player that wants the spotlight thus Guillen takes on all of the pressure that comes with it. Maybe KW's feelings are hurt that Guillen's fame is rising and KW is getting pushed to the background.

I personally think it is good for the team to have Guillen be the focal point.

KW will get a bat if needed.

Pot/kettle?

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
I don't believe for a nanosecond that is true. He talks and talks because that's who he is. Often it would be better for everyone, especially Ozzie, if he'd just say nothing. In this hyped up media age that is not going to happen. People try to renew their 15 minutes of fame over and over again.

15 minutes of fame? He's the manager of a major league baseball team and a former all-star shortstop. Kind of already beyond that, don't you think?

And by the way, I think its both. He happens to like talking, but he's also smart enough to realize he can use that to his team's advantage if he does it right.