East Region

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
For people who like to watch track meets posing as a basketball game, the Mizzou/Clemson game is for you.

Yes. Mizzou is playing really well. They have 11 steals, the press is really bothering Clemson. Of course, the ACC Tigers are 8/13 from 3, but I think that's a good sign for my Big 12 Tigers that it's tied despite that.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
1 point in the final 5 minutes for Wofford.

Gotta think Cornell can take out Wisconsin come Sunday.

Outside of Kentucky, I would say Cornell and Ohio have been the 2 best teams so far. Cornell played fantastic today against a great defensive team.

That game is why you work all season to get a high seed. If Wisconsin is against a tougher opponent they may not over come that craptacular performance.

Shoot under 40%, 12% from 3point line and outrebounded, not a game you should win, but thankfully a game that Wisconsin found a way to win.

Hopefully they find their shot because eventually they are going to need to hit 45% or so to win.

Good Lord, the way Wisconsin plays basketball is absolutely unwatchable. Bo Ryan is a great coach who gets everything he can out of limited talent, but basketball would not have many fans if everybody played that style. I would think Cornell has a great opportunity to win again on Sunday if they can just hit some shots like they are capable of.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Wisconsin will/would be computer favorites against Kentucky. I wouldn't sleep on them, even given a poor performance today.

A classic example of why you shouldn't always believe computers. Good luck slowing down Kentucky's pace, going to be tough to turn a game against a team with multiple 1st round draft picks into a pitchers duel.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
Good Lord, the way Wisconsin plays basketball is absolutely unwatchable. Bo Ryan is a great coach who gets everything he can out of limited talent, but basketball would not have many fans if everybody played that style. I would think Cornell has a great opportunity to win again on Sunday if they can just hit some shots like they are capable of.

Thats how the Wisconsin Buzzcuts roll. Slow, methodical, then BOOM 3 pointer.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
A classic example of why you shouldn't always believe computers. Good luck slowing down Kentucky's pace, going to be tough to turn a game against a team with multiple 1st round draft picks into a pitchers duel.

Do I believe they would be favorites? No. But Kentucky has yet to play a team even remotely close to being as good as Wisconsin. They are definitely vulnerable.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
That game is why you work all season to get a high seed. If Wisconsin is against a tougher opponent they may not over come that craptacular performance.

Shoot under 40%, 12% from 3point line and outrebounded, not a game you should win, but thankfully a game that Wisconsin found a way to win.

Hopefully they find their shot because eventually they are going to need to hit 45% or so to win.

I'm not going to argue, but Wofford is pretty legit. They are not a garbage mid-major that snuck into the tourney. I'm not surprised they hung with Wisconsin.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Do I believe they would be favorites? No. But Kentucky has yet to play a team even remotely close to being as good as Wisconsin. They are definitely vulnerable.

Wisconsin could perhaps frusterate Kentucky/put them to sleep, but the Wildcats still have immeasurably better players, and that's hard to overcome.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
I'm not going to argue, but Wofford is pretty legit. They are not a garbage mid-major that snuck into the tourney. I'm not surprised they hung with Wisconsin.

I had Wofford winning that game in a few brackets, they are a serious team. They've played some good teams tough this season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Wisconsin could perhaps frusterate Kentucky/put them to sleep, but the Wildcats still have immeasurably better players, and that's hard to overcome.

I think Cousins is the difference maker in that game, I dont see the Buzzcuts being able to stop him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
I had Wofford winning that game in a few brackets, they are a serious team. They've played some good teams tough this season.

They played well against the Illini in Champaign this year, losing by only 5 or 7, although we all know games vs. NIT teams dont count.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
Wisconsin could perhaps frustrate Kentucky/put them to sleep, but the Wildcats still have immeasurably better players, and that's hard to overcome.

But they've overcome it plenty enough. Wins against Maryland, Duke, Purdue with Hummel, Ohio State, Marquette, Michigan State...that's about as good as a profile as anyone in the country. Now are any of those teams as good as Kentucky? I'm not sure. The Wildcats have yet to beat a top tier team. They surely haven't even played a team like Wisconsin, whether that be stylistically or statistically.