ST: Royals @ White Sox, 9:05CST CSN MLB.tv MLBNetwork

justBLAZE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Viciedo and Flowers both suck. Until proven otherwise, I don't see them doing anything.

Flowers is supposedly good against pitching down and away. Is he suffering suckage like Viciedo? Man if Viciedo does not do well in ST that is the easy part. Hope he pick it up in AAA otherwise we are in the 2nd year of a 4 year 10 million dollar contract. Haven't seen the ROI yet.

Edited by chisoxfan09

Leesman gave up 2 runs. Just saw the box score, 9-1. Sigh... Viciedo struck out again. Bad sign. And the bullpen got rocked. Not that any of the probable 25 man roster guys oithced. At De Aza got a tripe. Good to see. 3 errors, not so good. Not a good night overall.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Leesman gave up 2 runs. Just saw the box score, 9-1. Sigh... Viciedo struck out again. Bad sign. And the bullpen got rocked. Not that any of the probable 25 man roster guys oithced. At De Aza got a tripe. Good to see. 3 errors, not so good. Not a good night overall.

The box score is not nearly indicative enough of his ugly the game was. Countless walks, passed balls, popups dropping between fielders, grounders through the legs, pitchers throwing to the wrong base, pitchers late in covering first, wild throws to first, and dropped throws at first. I think that covers everything.

Viciedo is 21 years old, yes he's not a-rod. Can we give him a bit more time before he's a bust?

I should be more specific. He is not showing a lot of that natural stroke that was advertised by his agent. That's all. To label him the Babe Ruth of Cuba was a gross overstatement. He never faced MLB quality pitching either so yeah maybe we should give him a break. But so far he is not worth the 2.5 mil a year investment. League minimum yes.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
I should be more specific. He is not showing a lot of that natural stroke that was advertised by his agent. That's all. To label him the Babe Ruth of Cuba was a gross overstatement. He never faced MLB quality pitching either so yeah maybe we should give him a break. But so far he is not worth the 2.5 mil a year investment. League minimum yes.

If he was a dude in the draft coming out of high school, would he have made the league minimum as a first rounder?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
If he was a dude in the draft coming out of high school, would he have made the league minimum as a first rounder?

i was at the game tonight and it was pretty darn ugly. the bullpen was really wild and couldnt locate. the defense was horrible and both CJ and lillebridge booted balls. none of the kids had good swings. at least the weather was nice and the beer was cold.

i will be here all week if anyone has any questions about guys

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)

He feels like the real life Pedro Cerrano.

i was at the game tonight and it was pretty darn ugly. the bullpen was really wild and couldnt locate. the defense was horrible and both CJ and lillebridge booted balls. none of the kids had good swings. at least the weather was nice and the beer was cold.

i will be here all week if anyone has any questions about guys

DS24, let me know how Morel plays. I know you said he booted a ball but he is supposed to have good upside defensively. I hope his BA comes up as well.

Plus he would be a good trade chip if he develops.

Edited by chisoxfan09