How many games will this team win in 2010?

NorthSideSox72

How many games will the 2010 Sox win?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the 2010 Sox win?

• <72
    • 72-76
    • 77-81
    • 82-86
    • 87-91
    • 92-96
    • >96

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
With a chance of light showers in the afternoon.

Yeah, then tomorrow it will be scorching hot with temps in the high 90s and possibly in the low 100s.

The weathers these days, it's crazy.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
My concern is our 2nd half swoons that we always seem to have. Even in 2005 our intensity seemed to drop. I don't know if it's conditioning, Ozzie, the players, or what but I don't think we can afford a lackluster 2nd half with our offensive holes.

Or maybe it is because we weren't flexible enough...

Pierre gets on base at a .350 clip. Quentin/Rios perform to their capabilities, past history. Alexei avoids another slow start. Teahen sports a .775 (.800 would be wonderful) OPS at 3B. And this offense is good enough (considering our pitching) even without adding a big bat. Chances of all these things happening? I'd say 40-50%. I'm going with an even 90 wins.

Edited by Jordan4life

With all the questions surrounding the offense, there are still issues with the SP and bullpen that could sabotage the season. Peavy doesn't live up to expectations, Jenks is hurt or ineffective, Putz the same, Garcia is lousy/injured, Hudson isn't ready, Pena stinks... there's a decent chance of all those factors going wrong. Combined w other problems, I don't see much more than 80-82 wins.

The offense isn't going to be great and everyone is pretty aware of that (especially if Teahan keeps batting below .100). I think that whether or not this team makes the playoffs depends on our bullpen, especially Bobby Jenks. With our offense being bad, and our pitching staff being so good, a lot of the games we win will be very close, so the bullpen will have to hold close leads and Jenks will have to be able to close out games.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)

The offense isn't going to be great and everyone is pretty aware of that (especially if Teahan keeps batting below .100). I think that whether or not this team makes the playoffs depends on our bullpen, especially Bobby Jenks. With our offense being bad, and our pitching staff being so good, a lot of the games we win will be very close, so the bullpen will have to hold close leads and Jenks will have to be able to close out games.

I'm fairly certain Teahen won't hit under .100 when the real games start.

We look like a .500 team to me. I can't see the offense being very productive unless CQ just has a Pujols type year somehow. I am hoping we finish 10 over .500 somehow. That would take a lot of things going well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
We look like a .500 team to me. I can't see the offense being very productive unless CQ just has a Pujols type year somehow. I am hoping we finish 10 over .500 somehow. That would take a lot of things going well.

Pitching is king. The offense just has to be mediocre and it can do that. Hell, even PECTOA estimated that we'd score 780 runs, which is definitely good enough.

I know I met get flamed for this but we have the pitching staff to win 100 games. If we can win 4 games a week on average, it certainly is possible. While I don't think they will win 100 games, it is possible. A realistic win total though is about 87-91 I think.