ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT

justBLAZE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was watching Burls last night - but it was his prodigy, Danksie. Did anyone else notice how Danks is modeling himself even more after Buehrle? Danks was throwing nothing down the center of the plate, hitting the corners and enticing batters to swing at pitches outside the zone, throwing inside to righties to saw off the bat or get balls pulled down the left-field line, moving the ball all around, and working at a good speed and rhythm. Heck, he even picked a baserunner off first, and enticed a double play groundball. Except for the very last pitch he threw, it was a masterful performance, and very Buehrlesque.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Giving Lucy a look incase Castro's injury becomes worse I suppose.

Or just giving Castro some extra rest, and allowing AJ to travel easy on the way back to Chicago.

Interesting though, if Castro does go down at all early in the season... will they immediately bring up Flowers to be a backup? Or go with Lucy, to give Flowers full time play in AAA?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Or just giving Castro some extra rest, and allowing AJ to travel easy on the way back to Chicago.

Interesting though, if Castro does go down at all early in the season... will they immediately bring up Flowers to be a backup? Or go with Lucy, to give Flowers full time play in AAA?

I'd hate to start the arb clock, but you'd be crazy to not use Flowers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)

They would bring up Lucy or even Armstrong long before Flowers. The only way I see them bringing up Flowers is if A.J. got injured. Sox want Flowers to work on his new swing in AAA first. Plus Lucy would give you excellent defense and I'm sure he can't be any worse than 09' Castro was with the bat. It would be foolish to bring up Flowers and have him rot on the bench possibly only starting once a week.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)

For real. I'd actually consider planting some flowers behind home plate to stop pitches from going to the backstop before I'd bring up Lucy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)

If it was only for a week you might as well just call up Lucy to let Flowers play every day and to avoid the arb clock. He'd only start one game tops anyways.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
If it was only for a week you might as well just call up Lucy to let Flowers play every day and to avoid the arb clock. He'd only start one game tops anyways.

Agree. I'm in the "keep Flowers and Hudson playing regularly in AAA to hone their skills" camp.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
It's hard to construct a lineup with virtually no power but Billy Beane appears to have done it.

Though he might not ever show his power potential, not to mention the park he's hitting at is brutal for the long ball, but Ryan Sweeney has got to get out of there.

Buehrle showin off that gold glove out there early.

Edited by SoxAce