GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
As I mentioned earlier, I talked to a scout this spring. The earlier story I told had to do with Teahen, but the scout said Quentin was looking excellent and that he's got the tool s to be an MVP. Clearly none of that is a shocker to us and I'm telling you guys, he's going to have a huge year.

I'm still calling 50/50 for him this year.

Although, his swing has looked a bit off these first few games.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
not if beckham grounded into a double play

that's why pierre steals on the first pitch, then if you desperately want to bunt, bunt him to 3rd. I have no CLUE why you'd bunt a speedster from 1st to 2nd while taking the bat out of the hands of one of our best hitters.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm still calling 50/50 for him this year.

Although, his swing has looked a bit off these first few games.

I can see it. He was locked and loaded all spring so it shouldn't come as a shock that he got a little bit off. He's so fun to watch though. Great eye, massive power, good guy.

Freaking fun Bulls game on too. I hope the Bulls and Sox pull it out!!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
that's why pierre steals on the first pitch, then if you desperately want to bunt, bunt him to 3rd. I have no CLUE why you'd bunt a speedster from 1st to 2nd while taking the bat out of the hands of one of our best hitters.

Yep, you might as well have Jim Thome leading off if you're going to have Beckham bunt in those situations.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Nice to see the clutch hit.

Now the pen needs to do their job.....

Not a fan of Beckham giving up ab's

There's a 5% chance Beckham hits into a DP.

There's a 35% chance Gordon gets on base.

There's a 28% chance Gordon gets a hit.

There's 65% chance he gets out.

It didn't make much of a difference anyhow, but yeah, you get the point. Bunting was stupid.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)

ok that I can go along with

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)

It was a completely idiotic move given the circumstances.

By the way...if anyone wonders why I keep harping on having 4-5 righties in a row in our lineup and all of our key hitters consecutively and from 1 side of the plate...you're seeing what it does to a team right here, except from the opposite side of the plate.