Did the Sox score too many runs tonight?

Pants Rowland

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Also i think the catch-all thread would be better if like in the political forums with the republican and democrat threads, there was a sort of a pessimistic ideas thread where any bit of badmouthing can go in, and the other fans that want to enjoy their clubs successes dont have to see it posted all over pale hose talk..

This was tried

If only there was some way the MLB would set up savings accounts so that mlb teams can deposit the extra runs they score and save them for future games when they need it.

yea, that's all supposed to be green. :P

This thread rules. I have been busy all day and it was a major and pleasant surprise to come home and see we are now into our third page.

More importantly, back on topic, anyone who made fun/doubted me, how many runs did the White Sox score tonight? Anyone? Anyone? Who's laughing now? For all the sabrmetricians and Bill James disciples here, some of you don't seem to understand a thing about trends or statistics.

I didn't doubt you at all Pants.

I just think it was stupid to discuss, just as it's stupid to discuss whenever we face a no-name pitcher we know we are gonna get shut down offensively.

It happens all the time, but not worth mentioning.

It's kind of a defeatest attitude.

Right after you said it, I knew we were gonna get shut down tonight for the reason you suggested.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
This thread rules. I have been busy all day and it was a major and pleasant surprise to come home and see we are now into our third page.

More importantly, back on topic, anyone who made fun/doubted me, how many runs did the White Sox score tonight? Anyone? Anyone? Who's laughing now? For all the sabrmetricians and Bill James disciples here, some of you don't seem to understand a thing about trends or statistics.

oh man ur gona get em all riled up *holds up my flame shield*

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)

You predicted that this lineup that is hitting what, like .200, was not going to score a lot of runs tonight? Holy s***, you should buy some lottery tickets!

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
honestly...how are you guys still taking this thread seriously when he's gone out of his way to show how not serious it was.

I just dropped my pants and changed my avatar to honor the late (?) Andy Kauffman, professional wrestling's last "Inter-gender Champion of the World" and a great inspiration to me. Somewhere out there he is smiling upon this thread.