HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
Last night's game was the personification of a season's worth of goaltender frustration.

This is all on Stan Bowman IMO. Say what you will about Tallon, but if there was a weakness we needed, he would make the trade to get it. (defensive/good faceoff 3rd line C, Sammy P last year) Seems like we might be wasting this talent. No matter what Niemi does, I still think we should either trade for, or draft a young goaltender next season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Eh last I checked Niemi gave up 1 soft goal last night.

The second goal was the defense's failure to clear a puck after they had been pinned in their own zone for about 45 seconds. You cant expect a shut out every night, there is blame to go all around for last game.

I agree. It's so easy and routine to blame the goal tending, but the Hawks were outplayed all around in that 3rd period. Hell, everyone knew the goal tending would give up softies and be mediocre at best. That offense and defense were terrible.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
I agree. It's so easy and routine to blame the goal tending, but the Hawks were outplayed all around in that 3rd period. Hell, everyone knew the goal tending would give up softies and be mediocre at best. That offense and defense were terrible.

True. We aren't going to win a Cup if we are depending on Neimi to win it. The offense and the defense have to be better in front of him. Don't forget this was a guy making his very first playoff start ever.

Kings-Canucks.. another great game 2-2.. another OT game..

HA! as I typed this Kings just won! Woo! :D Series tied 1-1. Every high seed that lost their first game.. won their senod (cept Canucks who won their first game, lost their second) Hopefully the Hawks follow suit on the other teams who won their second game.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
it's kind of ridiculous to blame the game on niemi when we only scored one goal with our offense. that's the bigger problem.

Yeah, Niemi is the last person I blame. I mean, if this was Huet in net, 4-1 would be a likely score, and none of those would have been empty net goals.