HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Wow, you must be a fun person.

:lolhitting

And you must be a great employee. Again, when you grow up and get a job, you will understand there is different behavior at work and in private. Perhaps your mom and dad get drunk at work, but most adults do not. That is why bartenders and waitresses are sober and their customers get drunk. Different roles. I thought most young adults understand that, but I guess some do not.

Again, on the flight back from the game, no problem, keep chugging the booze.

Back home with your buddies, keep the booze flowing, he can't celebrate unless he's drunk (or so you're telling me) Which makes me wonder how he will celebrate other life events. I can see him getting s***faced and spraying beer on is new born woo woo!

At work, in front of millions, days later, hold back, be professional. Respect your employer and league. But I guess he can't slow his drinking for a couple hours.

After almost fifty years on this planet, and meeting and knowing enough alcoholics, you see some common behaviors. Getting drunk at innapropriate times is one common factor. I'm not saying he is, he just might be a socially inept kid who gets drunk sometimes. But as the incidents keep racking up, it will be hard to come to any other conclusion.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
Getting drunk at innapropriate times is one common factor.
You mean at a rally where people are tossing him beers and the team is forking over the cash for bottles of champagne? I've done a complete 180 on this topic... Kaner got drunk at a booze-filled celebration. Big deal. It's not like he pulled his pants down during his speech.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
You mean at a rally where people are tossing him beers and the team is forking over the cash for bottles of champagne? I've done a complete 180 on this topic... Kaner got drunk at a booze-filled celebration. Big deal. It's not like he pulled his pants down during his speech.

I get that point, I really do. I understand the post game party, the day after party with friends.

Well if people were tossing him beers, what choice did he have but to drink them all? That is kind of cool for the fans, "hey kids toss a beer to the player and watch him drink it! Hee hee, shake it up first."

I guess most of the 21 year olds here drink every beer tossed to them and can't understand saying no.

It's done and over.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
I get that point, I really do. I understand the post game party, the day after party with friends.

Well if people were tossing him beers, what choice did he have but to drink them all? That is kind of cool for the fans, "hey kids toss a beer to the player and watch him drink it! Hee hee, shake it up first."

I guess most of the 21 year olds here drink every beer tossed to them and can't understand saying no.

It's done and over.

I understand the real world application you are trying to put on this, but yeah, a good portion of 21 year olds will drink until the sun comes up if they get the chance. He didnt do anything crazy and illegal, he got drunk in front of all of his fans like most athletes during a championship celebration, that is all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)

The biggest thing isn't exactly what he did at the rally and whether it's acceptable or unacceptable. It's what he did at the rally, every day before and after the rally, and his previous problems and his group of friends. It's what all this could mean down the line. He's already had a big time incident, and he apologized and said he learned his lesson. Next time, a judge isn't going to be so forgiving. There is clearly cause for concern here.

Great move regarding Tallon. After reading my comments, perhaps I sound too extreme. I'm not saying what he did was anything more than inappropriate behavior for the situation. I doubt too many people thought, hey let's go to the parade and watch the Hawk players get drunk. Maybe we can toss them a beer and they will open it with their teeth. :headbang

But again, and I agree with others here who have pointed out the pattern. This was, at the minimum, just a youthful mistake by someone caught up in a huge moment. Many people outgrow this and learn responsibility. However, based on his short history, we also have someone who could be a Bob Probert in training.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
:lolhitting

And you must be a great employee. Again, when you grow up and get a job, you will understand there is different behavior at work and in private. Perhaps your mom and dad get drunk at work, but most adults do not. That is why bartenders and waitresses are sober and their customers get drunk. Different roles. I thought most young adults understand that, but I guess some do not.

Again, on the flight back from the game, no problem, keep chugging the booze.

Back home with your buddies, keep the booze flowing, he can't celebrate unless he's drunk (or so you're telling me) Which makes me wonder how he will celebrate other life events. I can see him getting s***faced and spraying beer on is new born woo woo!

At work, in front of millions, days later, hold back, be professional. Respect your employer and league. But I guess he can't slow his drinking for a couple hours.

After almost fifty years on this planet, and meeting and knowing enough alcoholics, you see some common behaviors. Getting drunk at innapropriate times is one common factor. I'm not saying he is, he just might be a socially inept kid who gets drunk sometimes. But as the incidents keep racking up, it will be hard to come to any other conclusion.

I get it, you're older than me and a billion times more mature.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
I get it, you're older than me and a billion times more mature.

I get it, your younger than me and have to get drunk to celebrate, even at work. Never grow up dude :headbang :headbang Keep the PAAARRRRRTY going :headbang :headbang

I saw the Hawks are going to have Brent Sopel and the Stanley Cup at the Pride parade this weekend. This was a really good call on their part, particularly after some of the Pronger stuff last series with the Chrissy thing and the picture with "is gay" next to his name in the locker room. Even beyond that though, it sends a good message and continues their efforts to continue expanding their audience.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
That's one of the few things you've posted that is actually cool. It's too bad you were being sarcastic, gramps!

:lolhitting Stay drunk!! It's the only way to have fun. Reality is too tough, makes babies cry.

• 2 weeks later...