AJ article

Sox72

Anyone that has Insider able to let us know what the White Sox rumor on there is about? It has A.J.'s picture next to it. I'd be surprised if it was for A.J. and they were ready to bring Flowers up. But I did just assume that because of a picture and nothing else.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Anyone that has Insider able to let us know what the White Sox rumor on there is about? It has A.J.'s picture next to it. I'd be surprised if it was for A.J. and they were ready to bring Flowers up. But I did just assume that because of a picture and nothing else.

You can't post material that is in paid for subscriptions. You can paraphrase it and talk about it, but you can't post it verbatim.

Edited by southsider2k5
copyrighted material

QUOTE (The Big Hurt @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
post edited

Yeah, I couldn't really see trading A.J. making much sense. Oh well, there goes my interest.

Edited by southsider2k5
copyrighted material removed.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
typical nothing doing fluff fodder piece by a writer who gets paid to write about something when nothing is happening.

LOL What else should they write? AJ is certainly someone to be dealt at the deadline if the Sox are out of it.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
They just said that AJ has sucked so far this year and we have Flowers crushing in AAA, how much longer will the team wait blah blah blah. There was nothing more than pure speculation.

I hope Flowers doesn't turn into the next Josh Fields, a player who crushes AAA pitching but hasn't shown a lick of talent in the majors

He looked bad last year when the roster expanded to 40, and he looked terrible in spring training too

I know, I know... sample size, but you have to admit, his swing is a bit long

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
AJ is as good as gone at the deadline if anybody wants him and we're out of it. The interesting question is would Paulie be willing to waive his 10 and 5 if we wanted to get something for him and send him to a contender.

There's no doubt in my mind PK would accept any trade in that scenario.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:34 AM)
There's no doubt in my mind PK would accept any trade in that scenario.

I'd tend to agree. He could always come back in 2011 and DH if he likes it here anyways. We need all hands on deck in terms of guys who can even potentially hit for the forseeable future, unless of course all of our prospects turn out great or we go on a spending spree.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:42 AM)
I'd tend to agree. He could always come back in 2011 and DH if he likes it here anyways. We need all hands on deck in terms of guys who can even potentially hit for the forseeable future, unless of course all of our prospects turn out great or we go on a spending spree.

Just like Thome.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
Just like Thome.

The team won't be disillusioned into thinking they can just win despite having one of the most pathetic offenses in the major leagues like they were this offseason. They'll have to make some actual moves to improve the offense in accordance with the standards of the American League this upcoming winter.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
The team won't be disillusioned into thinking they can just win despite having one of the most pathetic offenses in the major leagues like they were this offseason. They'll have to make some actual moves to improve the offense in accordance with the standards of the American League this upcoming winter.

It's so disheartening that we're thinking about hypotheticals for the upcoming offseason. How sad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)

That's over the top. Right now, they certainly have that. But it won't continue. Looking at what these guys are expected to produce, they have average or better bats at 2 of 3 OF slots, SS, 2B and C, which is 5/9 of the lineup. 3B and 1B, along with LF, look below average, but with potential for better. DH is the only serious hole they left.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
And 1 of our DH's has a 1.073 OPS right now.

If Jones turns out to truly have that kind of comeback year, then that's great. If he does, and if the rest of the lineup (more or less) gets back to what you'd expect them to do... then this offense will be around league average, and could even be a little better than that. Right now, many of them just aren't there. Additionally, they are hitting .196 w/RISP, which makes what little production they do have even less useful.

Everything about this offense, DH aside, looks like they are going to come around sooner than later.

AJ on his 10-5 status. ‘‘Everyone knows my situation, I’m a free agent at the end of the year," Pierzynski told Cowley. "But I also know this, if it gets to about June then they can’t trade me, so they’re going to have to make a decision here pretty quick.’’ http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...-042010.article