Arizona requires you to carry your papers

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Then they totally belong in the second tier of people who should be here. Silly me, I would like to be around people who want to be here. I thought that was crazy until I saw people who wanted to see the Sox lose in May. Maybe the US gets a higher draft pick next year or something?

As we were reciting the Texas pledge this morning I realized I may agree with you more than I thought. I have the same opinion of folks that move to Texas and refuse to say the Texas Pledge

Honor the Texas Flag

I Pledge Allegiance to Thee

Texas, One Nation Under God

One and Indivisible

Worse are non Texans that do not stand with their hand over their heart during the Texas anthem. For shame.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factcheck has a piece calling out the people who continue to state that immigration is bad for jobs/workers/the economy/the budget.

Do immigrants take American jobs? It’s a common refrain among those who want to tighten limits on legal immigration and deny a "path to citizenship" — which they call "amnesty" — to the millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally. There’s even a new Reclaim American Jobs Caucus in the House, with at least 41 members.

But most economists and other experts say there’s little to support the claim. Study after study has shown that immigrants grow the economy, expanding demand for goods and services that the foreign-born workers and their families consume, and thereby creating jobs. There is even broad agreement among economists that while immigrants may push down wages for some, the overall effect is to increase average wages for American-born workers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Factcheck has a piece calling out the people who continue to state that immigration is bad for jobs/workers/the economy/the budget.

that would explain the super low unemployment rate and budget surplus in California. i wondered how they did it. now i know.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
that would explain the super low unemployment rate and budget surplus in California. i wondered how they did it. now i know.

You know what other budget deficit we can blame on the Mexicans? Iceland's. Makes exactly as much sense as your point.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
You know what other budget deficit we can blame on the Mexicans? Iceland's. Makes exactly as much sense as your point.

Hey, I'm agreeing with you. I thought you guys had a big surplus. I don't see how you couldn't.

Anyways, we should have a totally open boarder. Not only that, but since every immigrant that comes to the US is a big boost to the economy we should bring in billions from around the globe. Why discriminate against the rest of the world?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Hey, I'm agreeing with you. I thought you guys had a big surplus. I don't see how you couldn't.

Anyways, we should have a totally open boarder. Not only that, but since every immigrant that comes to the US is a big boost to the economy we should bring in billions from around the globe. Why discriminate against the rest of the world?

And if we don't care about people willing to take less money than the market wage, why do we have a minimum wage?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
And if we don't care about people willing to take less money than the market wage, why do we have a minimum wage?

we'll have to get rid of that too. one of Balta's favorite sources for immigration data, CATO institute, would agree with removing minimum wage as well. they have a study showing that the minimum wage should be abolished and another study that suggests the US should go back to the gold standard.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 14, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
So because there are no references to Mexicans regarding the Revolutionary War, you think it is ok to teach them that American 'stole' part of their country and such? To be divisive? All this does is fuel the racial animosity even more by trying to give them victim status.

I mean... truthfully speaking and squeezing it into a short statement, that's kind of what happened... Manifest Destiny and all that. We fought a war to take their land and we won and then basically coerced them into allowing the Gadsden Purchase.

Isn't the market wage created by the people who are willing to take the job?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
You really think there wouldn't be other utilities more than happy to make up the difference to the city?

So what? A state FINALLY grows some balls and acts for their (its citizens) interests. I like it. Every state should be that way.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
So what? A state FINALLY grows some balls and acts for their (its citizens) interests. I like it. Every state should be that way.

I do not believe a law that will result some of their citizens having to carry citizenship papers is looking out for all their interest. Perhaps you mean passing a law looking out for the intersts of white citizens.

Obama will host Mexican President Felipe Calderón Hinojosa and his wife, Margarita Zavala, and about 200 other “invited” guests tonight for his second state dinner. Wanna bet that they are checking ID's? RACISTS!!!!!

QUOTE (Tex @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
I do not believe a law that will result some of their citizens having to carry citizenship papers is looking out for all their interest. Perhaps you mean passing a law looking out for the intersts of white citizens.

Tex, i can't recall, but does the law say what form(s) of ID would meet their requirements?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Tex, i can't recall, but does the law say what form(s) of ID would meet their requirements?

I read where they would not accept, in most cases, out of state driver's licenses because some states do not make citizenship a requirement before driving. In the first arrest they required the defendant's wife to bring in a birth certificate.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)

1. A VALID ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE.

40 2. A VALID ARIZONA NONOPERATING IDENTIFICATION LICENSE.

41 3. A VALID TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CARD OR OTHER FORM OF TRIBAL

42 IDENTIFICATION.

43 4. IF THE ENTITY REQUIRES PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THE UNITED

44 STATES BEFORE ISSUANCE, ANY VALID UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCALGOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)

Acting in its citizens interest = closing down a large number of electricity generating plants to spite L.A. Shipping jobs to California and Nevada, that'll show those hippy angelinos!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
Acting in its citizens interest = closing down a large number of electricity generating plants to spite L.A. Shipping jobs to California and Nevada, that'll show those hippy angelinos!

You act like they can't sell their power elsewhere, or that LA is such a huge customer of theirs that the loss of them would destroy the power generation capacity. Neither one is true. There have also been calls from San Diego City Council to boycott AZ, and then subsequent emails and calls from the 2 million+ Arizonians that go to San dioego each summer saying 'sorry, not this year'. The hoteliers have made an ad saying please don't listen to our city council, we love you (and your tourist dollars!).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/m...h-with-boycott/

Los Angeles City Council voted overwhelmingly last week to adopt a boycott of Arizona businesses — at least in instances where it wouldn't impose a significant economic cost to the city.

Yeah, that's a boycott with some real conviction behind it, for sure.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 19, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
There is a whole lot of meaningless comments, political posturing, and hollow gestures happening.

Yep, like the one going around that this law is going to objectify every brown person because every AZ officer is a racist asshole.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 19, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Yep, like the one going around that this law is going to objectify every brown person because every AZ officer is a racist asshole.

Or like the one that its possible to enforce this law without being that.