GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
We have a drawer full of those cowbells from the 2008 season and postseason. I want to melt them down so my family doesn't ring them in my face when my Sox suck arse against their Rays.

:angry:

Melt them down into the form of the World Series trophy as a constant reminder. What's better, cowbells and mohawks or World Series trophy and rings?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Rangers lost today. Looks like they're giving up a decent amount of runs. But we're running into their two best pitchers so far in Harden and Wilson.

Who is this Wilson fellow?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
We have a long history with Wilson (and also Padilla, although he's gone now finally)...he made quite a few comments that really got the White Sox riled up when he was in their bullpen. What did he say exactly? Maybe it was somehow connected to the Sean Tracey incident, or a separate one?

Not really a long history at all. Just was last year actually.. he showed up Konerko (and I forgot the other two hitters) at the plate when he came in with the bases loaded (0 outs). After he struck out Kong, he put both hands in the air like "you can't touch me" sort of way which was the last out. (the other hitter he pointed to the bench and told him to sit down after he K'd him, don't remember what he did to the other guy) I remember Cooper, Quentin, etc.. just starred him down when the Rangers celebrated after their win and ironically enough, Quentin takes him deep a month or two later.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
Rangers lost today. Looks like they're giving up a decent amount of runs. But we're running into their two best pitchers so far in Harden and Wilson.

No love for Colby Lewis?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)

RP turned SP. He's been very good so far.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)

The guy the White Sox absolutely hate and the one that Quentin absolutely destroyed back in 08 in that crazy game that Clayton Richard started, where Alexei made his glove flip.

And I also forgot to mention Colby Lewis. That guy's probably their best pitcher right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
The guy the White Sox absolutely hate and the one that Quentin absolutely destroyed back in 08 in that crazy game that Clayton Richard started, where Alexei made his glove flip.

And I also forgot to mention Colby Lewis. That guy's probably their best pitcher right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
Just did in post above. :)

Don't trip. I had never heard of the dude until like two weeks ago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:31 AM)
Don't trip. I had never heard of the dude until like two weeks ago.

Probably because he stunk his last stint in the majors. Went to Japan and did good and the Rangers gave him a lot of money considering the economy and the problem f/a's have had.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:07 AM)
Carson cistulli from fangraphs (nice little write-ups) expects solid results out of lewis. Marc hulet who is also from fangraphs thinks otherwise.

xFIP has him at 3.87 so far and tERA at 4.14.

I think he could definitely be a pitcher around there. He's averaging 10 Ks/9. ZiPS thinks he's a 4.3 ERA guy.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Pierre 7

Beckham 4

Jones 9

PK 3

Rios 8

Q dh

Ram 6

Lucy 2

Nix 5

Buehrle pitching

I see you made the edit now....but i just thought maybe Ozzie was going to play with two guys at 2nd and keep third open, like of like a Griffey/Thome/Ortiz shift for the entire game, haha

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I see you made the edit now....but i just thought maybe Ozzie was going to play with two guys at 2nd and keep third open, like of like a Griffey/Thome/Ortiz shift for the entire game, haha

It was Merkin's twitter that got it wrong. I copied and pasted it, then noticed his error.

Here's how he clarified it to me: http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/12962483148

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Nix and Lucy, following a sweep with momentum on our side, and after a rest day. Interesting.

Shocked that Teahen is sitting. He's been one of our hottest hitters, not to mention he doesn't have that many ABs as it is. (the lowest on the team as far as starters) Surprised Q is starting, but I guess the off day might help him.

Rios batting 5th.. praise the gods!! He and/or Teahen (if Oz wants his lefty) would be ideal there.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
That's because he's been hitting at the bottom of the order so often.

That and hes been walking alot this year (Alexei bats lower and has more Abs, but Alexei ya.. doesn't walk)

Wilson has given up 1 XBH all year and it was a double. Ozzie is playing righties against him because they hit him better.

EDIT: i mean to say righties not lefties. , lefties are 3-20 against CJ this year.

Edited by justBLAZE