Don't worry.

Palehosefan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I like how the dude in the comments section thinks that this is the precursor to a Gonzalez or Fielder trade and that Coats is coming in to replace Quentin.

Um, how about how that same guy is making hypothetical trades including players that HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THEIR NAME. Brent Worell? Seriously? How can he claim to know that he's a "stud in the minors" if he doesn't even know his name. I'm sorry, I don't normally call people out on a board but this is just frustrating.

This seems like a strange move to me. One almost has to wonder if KW is trying to set something else up. However, it's not like Coats is a young guy who could slip into the Sox's minors and become a future star...the guy is 28 and hasn't done much in his little time in the majors. Well, one can hope that KW has something up his sleeve, but I imagine this isn't much of anything.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 5, 2010 -> 06:57 AM)
This seems like a strange move to me. One almost has to wonder if KW is trying to set something else up. However, it's not like Coats is a young guy who could slip into the Sox's minors and become a future star...the guy is 28 and hasn't done much in his little time in the majors. Well, one can hope that KW has something up his sleeve, but I imagine this isn't much of anything.

I'm sure Coats wasn't acquired to play in Chicago. It looks like he's headed to Birmingham. Minor league fodder.

Edited by Dick Allen

The Sox have some injury-prone OF's, so while no one in their right mind would think he's here to replace CQ, it probably is true that they want some extra OF depth in the minors in case CQ, Andruw or both hit the DL (Gartrell or De Aza or Danks would move up, leaving a hole in AAA).

Wasn't Buck Coats with the Cubs once? :-/

I was just gonna post about what it might take for the Sox to acquire either Nyger Morgan from the Nationals or Lastings Milledge from the Pirates. I think if we DFA Kotsay, move Pierre to the bench, one of those guys can help the Sox more than either Kotsay or Pierre.

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
Wasn't Buck Coats with the Cubs once? :-/

I was just gonna post about what it might take for the Sox to acquire either Nyger Morgan from the Nationals or Lastings Milledge from the Pirates. I think if we DFA Kotsay, move Pierre to the bench, one of those guys can help the Sox more than either Kotsay or Pierre.

He was drafted by the Cubs in 2000. So, he's been around...and in the minors...for quite a while.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
We sure do love trading with the Royals...

You know...maybe the Sox and Royals could combine clubs, discharge all the fodder, and come up with one better team. Chicago RoyalSox! The sad thing is that one of our outfielders would still be Pierre or Podsednik.

Edited by hogan873

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
I'll take another trade with the Royals if it bring back Alex Gordon.

KC fans are utterly disgusted by him. These are people that know how much of a joke the organization is, and blame them for everything...but not Gordon. Apparently his premadonna attitude and lack of coachablitly has been a big issue. Royal fans and media think this guy is done.

He was 0-4 with 3 K's in his first minor league game for Omaha last night.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 5, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)

I wouldn't read anything into the Coats move at all. He is not an option for this team IMO and if he is then we are in real trouble