Royals @ White Sox, 5/5 Game THREAD

My first thread of the year, and it will be a God damn winner and a nice lead-in for Chicago Blackhawks hockey.

7:10 pm start

The baffling brian%20bannister.jpg

Against the insatiable and sweaty Chicago%20White%20Sox%20Photo%20Day%20-d

And yes, Freddy still makes me horny.

GO YOU WHITE SOX

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel slightly bad for the guy whose thread was cancelled. Pointless? Yes. But you're told "we expect more meaningful threads around here," and yet the Justin Bieber thread currently sits at Page 3 on palehose talk.

All in lieu of wins i guess.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 5, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
I feel slightly bad for the guy whose thread was cancelled. Pointless? Yes. But you're told "we expect more meaningful threads around here," and yet the Justin Bieber thread currently sits at Page 3 on palehose talk.

You did notice that it was the same person... And in terms of context, it wasn't nearly as pointless as some of the other crap he has posted in the last week.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 5, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)

Yeah, the Rally Bieber only worked for one game. Maybe he should throw out another pitch?

For a while this morning I was thinking that Danks was pitching tonight, so I was hopeful and optimistic of a win. But, even with Freddy I still feel pretty good. It's supposed to be fairly warm, so the sweat will probably be flowing. If Freddy does his part and the offense can get some damn hits (!), it should be a series win.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)

Why?

For one, you answered your own statement. And for two, it wasn't even a game thread. It was a pre-emptive b**** and moan thread about a loss to a game we havent even played yet.

And Steve, props on your description of Bannister. I see what you did there. :lol:

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
just try to enjoy baseball and see what happeneds. Let's go Garcia. By the way twins have only lost one series all season.

FYI...Both the Sox & Royals have only won one series all season....somethings gotta give

Still sick about last night...Tivo'd the game and was up until 2am watching us invent new ways to be bad...SOOOO TIRED.

I avoided human interaction all night to not find out the damn outcome.

CQ is coming around, I can feel it. Pierre starting to fight for some hits and creating a bit of chaos on the paths last night. AJ coming around. I implore Beckham and Teahen to get their heads out of their asses and lets get this season started before it's over.

:bringit

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
CQ is coming around, I can feel it. Pierre starting to fight for some hits and creating a bit of chaos on the paths last night. AJ coming around. I implore Beckham and Teahen to get their heads out of their asses and lets get this season started before it's over.

:bringit

I agree with Pierre and AJ. CQ got his lone hit on a pitch that is the epitome of a ball that was in his "wheel house"...a low/centercut pitch. Most pitcher aren't going to be pitching him there EVER. Pretty sure the pitch was just a mistake. Other than that hit he kept grounding out...

I'm more confident that Gordon is finding it. I mean, he was on base 3 times lastnight. That includes a hit to RIGHT FIELD. Which is a good sign for him. I can feel it that Gordo is coming around...

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
I agree with Pierre and AJ. CQ got his lone hit on a pitch that is the epitome of a ball that was in his "wheel house"...a low/centercut pitch. Most pitcher aren't going to be pitching him there EVER. Pretty sure the pitch was just a mistake. Other than that hit he kept grounding out...

I'm more confident that Gordon is finding it. I mean, he was on base 3 times lastnight. That includes a hit to RIGHT FIELD. Which is a good sign for him. I can feel it that Gordo is coming around...

Pierre does look to be coming around. That's a good thing, especially considering he's going to try to steal every time he is on base. As long as he gets on base like he has the past few games, he could very well steal 50+ bases.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Can someone look up how many games back we were in 1983 at 16-24 (at that point in the season)?

Right now, it's looking like it will be 7 1/2 and possibly 8.

At 16-24, they were 7 games back. (That was the last weekend of May).

Link to get a summary of that entire season's games, schedule, etc.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 5, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Pierre DH

Beckahm 2B

Jones LF

Konerko 1B

Rios CF

Pierzynski C

Quentin RF

Teahen 3B

Ramirez SS

He's struggling so much, Kalapse can't even spell his name right. :lol: Rios is in the 5th spot ladies and gentleman.