Blue Jays @ White Sox - 1:05 CSN

Heads22

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
He shouldn't have put up with Jenks to start the season. Jenks should have been dealt in the off-season. There are plenty of teams looking for a closer. Sign another left handed reliever so you can make Thornton the closer. Hell, you have Santos waiting to be one right now.

Kenny's inability to deal a crappy closer who has been regressing since 2007 is killing this team. Just how many times has Jenks blown a lead or given the other team the lead?

I don't think it was an inability. I think it was more that he didn't want to trade him. I also don't think Bobby will be removed as the closer. At least not after this game. It will take more time

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
I can't figure out why you think that every GM in baseball is dumber than you.

What's that supposed to mean?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
But what's the reason of doing that every day? Certain posters come here and say we are awful/garbage/insert_whatever; Twins are gods, they are running away with this division.

Next day, same exact thing. We f***ing got you the first time, why repeat yourself? Not aimed at you but some posters in general.

Because some of us, no matter how bad the season is going, are diehard fans who refuse to miss a single game. I buy mlb.tv every year so I can watch every Sox game all year. Does that mean I should only comment when things are going well?

This message board provides a place for all of us diehard Sox fans to vent frustrations, which, right now, there are lots of unfortunately.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
But what's the reason of doing that every day? Certain posters come here and say we are awful/garbage/insert_whatever; Twins are gods, they are running away with this division.

Next day, same exact thing. We f***ing got you the first time, why repeat yourself? Not aimed at you but some posters in general.

Because we are fans, and we need some sort of outlet. If I didn't come here, I'd probably be punching holes in walls while I watch these games. But I NEED to watch them, because I love baseball and I love the White Sox.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Because some of us, no matter how bad the season is going, are diehard fans who refuse to miss a single game. I buy mlb.tv every year so I can watch every Sox game all year. Does that mean I should only comment when things are going well?

This message board provides a place for all of us diehard Sox fans to vent frustrations, which, right now, there are lots of unfortunately.

Die hard fans ?

Die hard fans are supporters, what some of here are doing are not supporting, you are right now insulting die hard fans out there.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
What's that supposed to mean?

Everyone rants about how we should have dumped bobby on some unsuspecting GM when we all saw his fastball losing velocity and becoming more hittable...yet no one seems to stop and think "Hey, maybe other teams might have noticed that and suspected there was a reason why we were so desperate to dump Jenks".

:lolhitting :huh: :o :crying :crying
QUOTE (knightni @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
All I can say is, that bringing in Linebrink to stop the Jenks bleeding is like using paint thinner to douse a fire.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)

Ugh, you literally beat me with the exact same post by like 30 seconds, haha.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
I don't think it was an inability. I think it was more that he didn't want to trade him. I also don't think Bobby will be removed as the closer. At least not after this game. It will take more time

There's no way you keep Bobby as the closer after this. Even if you call it a temporary hiatus, you can't have him closing the next time one is needed.

Especially if that happens to be against the Twins.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
Die hard fans ?

Die hard fans are supporters, what some of here are doing are not supporting, you are right now insulting die hard fans out there.

Apologies. All posts from now on will be about all the good things in life...sunshine, puppy dogs, the 2005 World Championship, Pods start to the 2010 season. Only the good things.

Man, I am so happy its sunny out today where I live, I saw some puppies outside that were soooooooo cute!! I think its time to pop the 2005 World Series DVD in to watch some awesome baseball, and reminisce about our great run, and contemplate what a great 2010 Pods is having.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Everyone rants about how we should have dumped bobby on some unsuspecting GM when we all saw his fastball losing velocity and becoming more hittable...yet no one seems to stop and think "Hey, maybe other teams might have noticed that and suspected there was a reason why we were so desperate to dump Jenks".

Ed Wade gave Brandon Lyon 3 years and $15 million. You don't think he would have loved Bobby Jenks? Especially since Jenks still throws hard and has good stuff (stuff he can no longer find for some damn reason).

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Die hard fans ?

False. I do not agree with this at all. I am a die hard Sox fan, and I will be for life. I just get frustrated when they suck.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
this has to be my favorite loss of the season. The one where I just thought no way they lose this game now...then...poof

I don't know about you, but I NEVER feel like a win is safe if we're not up by 3+. Knowing Bobby could be coming in means the game is never safe.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Apologies. All posts from now on will be about all the good things in life...sunshine, puppy dogs, the 2005 World Championship, Pods start to the 2010 season. Only the good things.

Man, I am so happy its sunny out today where I live, I saw some puppies outside that were soooooooo cute!! I think its time to pop the 2005 World Series DVD in to watch some awesome baseball, and reminisce about our great run, and contemplate what a great 2010 Pods is having.

Guess what pal, we have a team that maybe will finish 3rd in our division this year.

Watch all the games you want but they will continue to lose most of their games hence why we will not win this division.

Does your diehard fan'ism allow you to understand and comprehend?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Ed Wade gave Brandon Lyon 3 years and $15 million. You don't think he would have loved Bobby Jenks? Especially since Jenks still throws hard and has good stuff (stuff he can no longer find for some damn reason).

Brandon Lyon's number in 2009 were way better than Jenks, and Jenks is making nearly 2x as much as Lyon.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Yeah. You might as well go with Putz as the closer and see how it goes.

Putz hasn't shown me anything either.

You have to say screw it with the LH/RH matchup for a week and give it to Thornton. He's the only one who's earned it. Him or Santos, and I'm not sure Santos is ready to take it yet

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
There's no way you keep Bobby as the closer after this. Even if you call it a temporary hiatus, you can't have him closing the next time one is needed.

Especially if that happens to be against the Twins.

There's no way you and i keep him as closer but then again I wanted him traded last year while he had value. However we aren't in charge. If anything I bet it will be a short hiatus

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Guess what pal, we have a team that maybe will finish 3rd in our division this year.

Watch all the games you want but they will continue to lose most of their games hence why we will not win this division.

Does your diehard fan'ism allow you to understand and comprehend?

What hurts so damn much about this year is that this team could have won the division.

Could have won if they pitched well like they were supposed to. Could have won if Alex Rios hits. Could have won if they get production out of the DH spot.

They got the production from Rios and Jones. Konerko is killing the ball. But the pitching is mediocre at best and the back end of the bullpen has almost been disappointing outside of Thronton and Santos.

So we got what we wished for, but all the things we thought were fine clearly aren't.