White Sox vs Royals 5-15-10 @ 6:10 pm

They are just so hard to watch because of this offense. If they have any chance of getting back to .500, they need to make some major offensive changes - whether its cutting Kotsay, sending Beckham to the minors, you can't keep sending the same failing players out there. It's unlikely that a trade will occur so the only options now are help from the minors. Tyler Flowers is hitting in the minors. Why not DH him? Can he do any worse than what we're watching?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spiderman @ May 15, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Tyler Flowers is hitting in the minors. Why not DH him? Can he do any worse than what we're watching?

Yeah, he can...you could bring him up before he's ready and screw with his swing even more and have him wind up like Beckham.

Can we turn that into a verb? To Beckham a prospect...what we're doing right now to him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Yeah, he can...you could bring him up before he's ready and screw with his swing even more and have him wind up like Beckham.

Can we turn that into a verb? To Beckham a prospect...what we're doing right now to him?

I used "We just got Twinned" yesterday, Balta. I think "To Beckham" will fly.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
This is a question I have about the rotating DH. He's been sitting there all game, and not used to DHing. He's 2-14 as a DH. Its a small sample size, but I just wonder if not being in the game as a fielder is making him more anxious as a hitter.

A lot of players seem to hit better when playing the field.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
Unexpected.

Ramon Castro has underachieved with the Sox as much as anyone. It's kind of silly having him face a RHP, but he's been as good of a backup RH hitting catcher as there has been in the league for about 5 years. 775 ish OPS against LHP.