White Sox vs Royals 5-16-10 @ 1:10 pm

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 16, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
Whose fault is that? Soto tanked his 2nd year. (toked too)

I really don't know I think his hitting mechanics are a bit off-center, and i can't deny the notion that the sky-high expectations had something to do with it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 16, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
This Beckham thing is such a kick in the nuts. We all had such high hopes for him, we practically built him a statue outside the park, and to see him come out like this... it's really disheartening. I think this might be the most disappointing aspect of this year.

Didn't Troy Tulowitzki have a similar meteoric climb to stardom his rookie year, only to come crashing down to Earth in his sophmore season? He turned it around though. Maybe Beckham will be the same?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 16, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Didn't Troy Tulowitzki have a similar meteoric climb to stardom his rookie year, only to come crashing down to Earth in his sophmore season? He turned it around though. Maybe Beckham will be the same?

Oh, i think he'll recover. I can't imagine Beckham busting like this for the rest of his career, i refuse to believe that this is even possible. I think he needs some time to work on things, and that time needs to be spent either at the bottom of the order, or in AAA.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 16, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)

Then only guy I know that didn't was Frank Thomas.

The panic over Beckham is very irrational.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)

Kip Wells was kind of the same thing.

Sosa and Cameron really tanked/cratered in their second seasons. Kenny Williams, too.

Who are you guys most concerned about at this point, being the player we expect AGAIN in the future: Beckham or Quentin.

Alex Rios has already proved that the back of his card didn't lie, pretty much.

Of course...there's 1 other option you haven't given...if he keeps hitting, I still think Rios is your best possible trade bait. You save $12 million, and he's the kind of guy that you'd legitimately hold out for a top, A-level prospect in exchange for.

If the Sox feel they have a GM and system capable of rebuilding with young prospects, then by all means deal Rios if he's dealable. Get rid of that contract.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
If the Sox feel they have a GM and system capable of rebuilding with young prospects, then by all means deal Rios if he's dealable. Get rid of that contract.

Trading Rios would be about as stupid of a move as there is in baseball. How long have we waited to get a decent CF. Finally we get one and shipping him off for spects comes up. Come on now. This is a guy in his prime with crazy tools. He is about the last person on this team I would ship off.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)

Awesome, then we get to start another half-a-decade long search for a CF as good as Rios. That sounds like a great reason to bail on a guy, who's finally living up to his contract, and filling a massive organizational hole.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
Trading Rios would be about as stupid of a move as there is in baseball. How long have we waited to get a decent CF. Finally we get one and shipping him off for spects comes up. Come on now. This is a guy in his prime with crazy tools. He is about the last person on this team I would ship off.

He's the only reason I watch

Yeah, you guys are right. He is one position we don't have to worry about. I was just thinking that if it's a total rebuild job, the team might want the money of his contract to work with. If we continue to tinker instead of massively rebuild, he does fill the cf hole nicely for the next five years or so.