hogan873

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have at em D1.

Man, the Angels have to be more disappointing than us. Worse run differential if slightly better record, offense slightly better than ours after being dynamite last season, pitching staff even worse than ours.

I'm not in LA anymore so I don't read the Times. I wonder if there's as much "Fire Scioscia" sentiment there as there is for Ozzie here. After all, he hasn't won a world series since 2002 and he has a payroll that makes ours look wimpy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
Wonder if Beckham will be out of the lineup again today.

Ozzie said yesterday that Teahen would be replaced with Nix, and Beckham will be back in the lineup vs. the lefty.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
don't tell me you've watched "The Room"

LOL. Just parts. I keep planning to meet up with a group of friends to watch it the whole way through but it never seems to happen.

He might be the creepiest man alive BTW.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
LOL. Just parts. I keep planning to meet up with a group of friends to watch it the whole way through but it never seems to happen.

He might be the creepiest man alive BTW.

oh, without a doubt.

I have to admit I do want to watch the whole thing after seeing the trailer. It's reached cult status!

I wonder if there's as much "Fire Scioscia" sentiment there as there is for Ozzie here.

I would bet you this 'fire Ozzie' stuff is an internet fanatic thing. I can't imagine there's much mojo in the city of Chicago to actually fire Ozzie. Unless he digs his own grave with more comments like he's made in past years I can't imagine the more neutral level headed fans actually calling for Ozzie's head. I mean how many "fans" are really vocal on here? How many post what you would consider a lot?

Maybe 20 fans? 25?

Chicago is a massive city. I would bet you the fanatic representation on here isn't true representation of the city.

My guess is since we suck there's more of a who cares attitude. I can't imagine there's a lot of fire Ozzie sentiment ruling downtown Chicago business world luncheons today.

I do hope Nix gets hot and keeps Teahen where he belongs, in a Nix like role. They need to reverse positions on the team. More Nix; less less less Teahen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:36 AM)
Have at em D1.

Man, the Angels have to be more disappointing than us. Worse run differential if slightly better record, offense slightly better than ours after being dynamite last season, pitching staff even worse than ours.

I'm not in LA anymore so I don't read the Times. I wonder if there's as much "Fire Scioscia" sentiment there as there is for Ozzie here. After all, he hasn't won a world series since 2002 and he has a payroll that makes ours look wimpy.

They're more pissed off at the GM. I think it will take a lot for fans or the press to turn on Scoscia.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
I would bet you this 'fire Ozzie' stuff is an internet fanatic thing. I can't imagine there's much mojo in the city of Chicago to actually fire Ozzie. Unless he digs his own grave with more comments like he's made in past years I can't imagine the more neutral level headed fans actually calling for Ozzie's head. I mean how many "fans" are really vocal on here? How many post what you would consider a lot?

Maybe 20 fans? 25?

Chicago is a massive city. I would bet you the fanatic representation on here isn't true representation of the city.

My guess is since we suck there's more of a who cares attitude. I can't imagine there's a lot of fire Ozzie sentiment ruling downtown Chicago business world luncheons today.

Um, every radio show this week and the Sunday sports shows were talking about Ozzie being on the hot seat this past week.

Edited by fathom

Coming off a 3-3 road trip, there's too much angst among the fan base...too much talk of "fire so-and-so" and "fire sale"...

We haven't started making up ground yet versus the Twinkies, but tonight's another good opportunity to do so, especially with our best 2010 starting pitcher on the mound: GO GO GO JOHNNY GO!!!