Gamethread: White Sox(18-24) vs Marlins (22-22) 1:05 PM CSN,

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so obvious that Quentin needs to stand closer to the plate. He can't turn on anything with authority, and anything on the outside corner results in a lazy pop up to right field. Hard to get mad about Garcia's performance today, I'm more shocked it doesn't happen more often with his lack of anything on his pitches.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
It's so obvious that Quentin needs to stand closer to the plate. He can't turn on anything with authority, and anything on the outside corner results in a lazy pop up to right field. Hard to get mad about Garcia's performance today, I'm more shocked it doesn't happen more often with his lack of anything on his pitches.

He should try opening his stance up again and standing closer to the plate.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 23, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Another BOMB!

LOL am I the last man standing and watching this farce of a ball game?

The only person that doesn't realize that the formula is US Cellular + > 80 degrees = launching pad is Guillen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Geez Hawk the Sox have the best 5th starter, the best bullpen the best this the best that, why is the record so bad?

Because starters 1, 2, and 4 have been awful, and hitters 1,2, 5,6, 7, 8, and 9 have been awful.

Cool, where in Spain? I go to Marbella a few times a year. I live in Warsaw, Poland and part time in Stockholm, Sweden as well.

Quite close to Marbella in Mijas-Costa. I just went to the beach in Marbella and just got back. Looks like you are one of the original members for Soxtalk. The wife and I go the our favorite beach by Marbella every weekend. I work in Gibraltar.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ May 23, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
Quite close to Marbella in Mijas-Costa. I just went to the beach in Marbella and just got back. Looks like you are one of the original members for Soxtalk. The wife and I go the our favorite beach by Marbella every weekend. I work in Gibraltar.

that sounds fantastic, what kind of work do you do there?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
I thought Kotsay was the emergency pitcher.

Whoever it is we definitely should work R Williams as long as possible and then if its 8-0 or more we should go to one of those guys to wrap it up, work RW until his arm is spent and lets not waste another pen guy

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 23, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Wonder if the Royals wish they had traded Grienke..........

No. They've probably paid his salary and more in extra ticket sales this year, and he's just as movable in the future.