5/27 GT: Sox @ Tampa Bay - 6:10pm CDT

T R U

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
spoke too soon.

Danks delivered his whiff.

He'll fit right in.

Yeah, I was going to say you can cancel the postgame show. At least Flowers has fanned 3 times tonight. Its really scary how much the Sox propped those two up and how awful they are hitting. I really hope Gary Ward is not in their ears.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Agreed. Easily the worst ad campaign in the last few years.

Energy BBDO, the ad agency the Sox have worked with since 2007, have joined with the San Jose Group, new Hispanic agency, to deliver the new ad campaign. Energy BBDO have done great work for the White Sox including one of my favorites, "Share the Passion Show the Swagger" and last year's "White Sox Traditions". Because of this partnership with SJG, the current campaign has to translate well in both English and Spanish models. This can seem like a good way to get your message across cultural lines, but the results are always the same, bland. Why? Context.

The same message delivered in American markets must remain constant in Spanish markets, there's no room for deviation, hence no personality in the campaign. Because what we, Americans, might find funny; Spanish audiences won't. And Vice-Versa. So what you're left with is a cookie-cutter safe idea that can be "plugged" into several markets without context incongruity.

If I can chime, "Good Guys Wear Black" is head and shoulders above "The Kids Can Play". But nothing beats "Grinder Ball Rules" in 2005, when we won it all.

"Win or Die Trying"

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
I'm thinking this team gets torn down after the draft. I'm looking forward to it.

If by tore down you mean, we drop 1 or 2 contracts (Pick your choice of 2, of the following: Kong, AJ, Rios (Please, no..), Peavy) then yeah maybe?

Buehrle's contract stipulations if traded are hard to swallow, same goes with Rios' overall contract, and Peavy's, plus Peavy's value right now is at an all-time low I'd wager

So I seriously doubt there'll be a firesale even if we continue to suck, there wasn't one in 2007, or 2009, and we have contracts coming off the books after this year as well so financially I don't think the Sox FO is panicing right now

Kong, AJ, Putz, Freddy, if he pitches well the next couple starts, maybe Jones, basically all the expiring contracts have a shot. Past that, they might look to salvage some value from Quentin, and some schmo team might take Bobby if we chip in some (most) salary. If KW is going to blow s*** up he might as well do it right.

What still kills me is this O has been stagnent for the past 4 years...and what's the common denominator? Our plate approach sucks no matter what pieces are moved in and out. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to see what needs to be done.