Sox draft signings and reporting places

southsider2k5

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Does the fact that this list only has 2 drafted catchers on it mean that 1 of them definitely is not signing and the other is still undecided?

Not sure what you mean by that, if i recall we've already signed the catcher from Tampa, who knows about the other one's we drafted. Are you concerned about playing time for your boy Chase?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Not sure what you mean by that, if i recall we've already signed the catcher from Tampa, who knows about the other one's we drafted. Are you concerned about playing time for your boy Chase?

I found him on there after I posted that!! lol

No, not at all. The 2 that have signed are going to GF.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Cool. Now I will have another team to follow besides Charlotte.

Do it!

I love following rookie ball. It's the most fun of all minor league levels IMO.

You can pick up the games on internet radio.

I particularly like listening to Great Falls games. You get to hear about alot of pretty high picks from various team as they take their first shot at pro ball.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)

Looks like his family is very proud of him... enough to make a webpage dedicated to him.

Jason McDonald

Also, call up his parents and tell them that he should be playin in our organization rather that partying it up at ASU, although I love ASU lol

;)

QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
Looks like his family is very proud of him... enough to make a webpage dedicated to him.

Jason McDonald

Also, call up his parents and tell them that he should be playin in our organization rather that partying it up at ASU, although I love ASU lol

;)

From the looks of his hitting video, he has a pretty nice swing from both sides of the plate.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
From the looks of his hitting video, he has a pretty nice swing from both sides of the plate.

Yea I really like that bat bounce he has, it's pretty nice for timing. Granted, I'm sure most people have that, but still, I like it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Laumann compared Ravelo to Mike Lowell.

That's quite the compliment. 5 WAR player at his peak. I take it they don't question his ability to stick at 3B then either (unlike some).

On the topic of Ravelo just posted a draft report on FutureSox:

Draft Report: Rangel Ravelo

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
It sounds like we got a great deal on Sale. His agent also seems to believe he's on a fast track. http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=2550

It is pretty amazing to read all of these draft stories and it would be nice to hear what actually went down, because if he his agent told the Royals who would not sign for the 4th overall slot, that agent should be fired, but oh well. It's great to have him and let's see how he does this summer.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
It sounds like we got a great deal on Sale. His agent also seems to believe he's on a fast track. http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=2550

Yea. That is kind of odd. Possible big league bullpen this year and a chance to break camp as a starter next year? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 03:06 AM)
Randall Thorpe listed on Great Falls' roster. I haven't seen anything official on his signing, but it must be done.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=543857

Ok it is official, Dusty Harvard too

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/trans...amp;team_id=145

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
The catcher? Nice. Didn't think he would sign. From the sounds of things he has a great arm.

Can you ask Chase if Darwin Matos is there?

I didn't think he would right out of high school either ...Thought for sure he'd go to college.. try to get more money.

He hasn't played yet ...just got there today.

I will do that right now!! ...

...He said yes, he is there and knows nooo english!! lol :)