2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine being in Vancouver front office position right now? The face of their franchise got benched for Game 6 of the playoffs opening round. What do they do with Luongo in the off-season. Almost you have to move one of him or the head coach.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
Can you imagine being in Vancouver front office position right now? The face of their franchise got benched for Game 6 of the playoffs opening round. What do they do with Luongo in the off-season. Almost you have to move one of him or the head coach.

And the highest paid player in the NHL. I couldn't believe they did that, and now schneider has no groin.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
And the highest paid player in the NHL. I couldn't believe they did that, and now schneider has no groin.

Who has 11 years left on his contract. Good luck moving that. Vigneault's gotta be the one that goes. You can't have a team this talented completely falter in the playoffs every year.

Luongo is a mental midget who can't play in the playoffs, but he just can't be moved fiscally.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
LOL. There's the bias.

Clearly the main point of contact was the head, which looked it looked like Bickell was going for, in the same fashion you say Torres was head hunting. Exact same thing. It was actually almost the same exact hit. Plus, Bickell left his feet. Oops.

You can't have it both ways, but I guess you can try.

Sorry, I disagree 100% and has nothing to do with bias. We can be talking about these same hits between other teams and I'd feel the same. Almost the exact hit does not = exact hit. The main point of contact was not the head...it was the shoulder. Yes he was trying to drill him and he had his head down, but the brunt of the contact was at the side of his shoulder with incidental contact made to the head on the follow through. Torres was straight to the head. If you can't see it...you're not looking and Bickell left he's feet after initial contact to jump against the boards.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
Who has 11 years left on his contract. Good luck moving that. Vigneault's gotta be the one that goes. You can't have a team this talented completely falter in the playoffs every year.

Luongo is a mental midget who can't play in the playoffs, but he just can't be moved fiscally.

That is the easy move, but then how do you get Luongo back to being worth an 11 year contract?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2362670:date=Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:13 AM:name=IlliniKrush)-->
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
<!--quotec-->LOL. There's the bias.

Clearly the main point of contact was the head, which looked it looked like Bickell was going for, in the same fashion you say Torres was head hunting. Exact same thing. It was actually almost the same exact hit. Plus, Bickell left his feet. Oops.

You can't have it both ways, but I guess you can try.

Sorry, I disagree 100% and has nothing to do with bias. We can be talking about these same hits between other teams and I'd feel the same. Almost the exact hit does not = exact hit. The main point of contact was not the head...it was the shoulder. Yes he was trying to drill him and he had his head down, but the brunt of the contact was at the side of his shoulder with incidental contact made to the head on the follow through. Torres was straight to the head. If you can't see it...you're not looking and Bickell left he's feet after initial contact to jump against the boards.

Bickell's last stride is six feet prior to the hit, and he is standing straight up when he hits him. In both plays the defender is lowering their head to skate around the net and the forward is going through the player to make the hit. I thought Torres had more of an intent.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Bickell's last stride is six feet prior to the hit, and he is standing straight up when he hits him. In both plays the defender is lowering their head to skate around the net and the forward is going through the player to make the hit. I thought Torres had more of an intent.

Due to his jersey color, it seems.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)

Bickell appeared to go at Bieksa in the exact same way Torres went at Seabrook, so whatever. He also got most of his head with the hit, as his head snaps hard. Far from incidental. Also, just because part of the shoulder got hit doesn't mean it wouldn't be classified at a head shot. Furthermore, Bickell did leave his feet as he delivered the hit, not after it, so that could have been a charging call. This happened because he was raising up his whole body in an effort to get his shoulder to...Bieksa's head. The intent is the exact same, the hit is almost the exact same (it doesn't have to be 100% the exact same for the comparison to be made...yet it almost is). Use whatever semantics you want, but your bias is clearly there. You also need to stop freeze framing everything, because that's not how the league looks at it, and that's not how it happens on the ice.

Whatever, go Hawks in game 7.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm betting 99% of those are about how the refs screwed them.

The Blackhawks have had 12 more power plays in the series than Vancouver. The next largest discrepancy in a playoff series this year is 5. :D

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
The Blackhawks have had 12 more power plays in the series than Vancouver. The next largest discrepancy in a playoff series this year is 5. :D

In no way does that make Nucks fans understand how dirty their team is, not even the season long discrepancy in penalties vs the Hawks. Its 100% because Canadian teams dont bring enough revenue to the NHL.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
In no way does that make Nucks fans understand how dirty their team is, not even the season long discrepancy in penalties vs the Hawks. Its 100% because Canadian teams dont bring enough revenue to the NHL.

The 'Nucks are just so talented, there's no way they could be committing penalties!

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)

What's funny is that he has won an Olympic Gold Medal, a World Championship and is 1-0 in game 7s. But the Hawks have turned him into a choking mental midget. Guess who was announced as starter of game 7...

Gillis just called out the refs in his press conference.

http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads...officiating.mp3

Calls Scott "A goon, who only does one thing, punches guys in the face."

"If the game was conducted properly we win because we have the better team."

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
Gillis just called out the refs in his press conference.

http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads...officiating.mp3

Calls Scott "A goon, who only does one thing, punches guys in the face."

"If the game was conducted properly we win because we have the better team."

He's kinda right about the bolded part. I think he's just trying to move the pressure and media away from his team to him with those comments.