6-17 GAME THREAD sox vs pirates 6:00, WGN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I went to last night's game and are going tonight as well. PNC Park is everything it's made out to be; just a gorgeous ballpark. I've got a lot of sympathy for the poor Buccos fans though. They seem knowledgable and passionate for having stomached 18 straight seasons.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
The wife and I went to last night's game and are going tonight as well. PNC Park is everything it's made out to be; just a gorgeous ballpark. I've got a lot of sympathy for the poor Buccos fans though. They seem knowledgable and passionate for having stomached 18 straight seasons.

Having grown up in Pittsburgh I can tell you that it's a very passionate sports town. The fans there have a lot to be excited about with the Steelers and Penguins, and a lot to be really pissed off about with the Pirates. It amazes me that they get as many fans as they do to their games. You'd think that the luster of the early 90's would have worn off by now...and maybe it has. The ownership of that team hasn't done much good.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
6 back in the loss column.....lord I know of more than 6 games that the Sox pissed/gave away this year.

Twins face Halladay and Hamels over the weekend.

Right. Twins lose today and we really need to take advantage and complete the sweep.

I really wanna take down my BLOW IT UP KENNY avatar..

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Right. Twins lose today and we really need to take advantage and complete the sweep.

I really wanna take down my BLOW IT UP KENNY avatar..

i wouldn't get too excited about all this...we are putting this little streak together against the National League....we need to start taking care of business in the AL before i start getting my hopes back up