Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the whole tweet:

White Sox GM Kenny Williams is known as perhapst the most aggressive deal-maker -- he knows what he likes and moves fast -- and one rival executive says White Sox "are all over Adam Dunn" right now. He would be perfect for what the White Sox need.

White Sox "All Over" Adam Dunn

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 7, 2010 at 1:38pm CST]

One MLB executive told ESPN.com's Buster Olney that the White Sox are "all over Adam Dunn" (Twitter links). Late last month, reports indicated that the White Sox and Angels were interested in Dunn, who earns $12MM this year and now has 17 homers and a .904 OPS. The Angels are without a prototypical first baseman and center fielder Torii Hunter would like to see the Angels acquire a big-time bat like Dunn. The White Sox, who have relied on Mark Kotsay to DH, could also use a power bat.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
This is the whole tweet:

White Sox GM Kenny Williams is known as perhapst the most aggressive deal-maker -- he knows what he likes and moves fast -- and one rival executive says White Sox "are all over Adam Dunn" right now. He would be perfect for what the White Sox need.

If KW and Ozzie can talk into him DHing, then great.

How you get him without giving up Hudson (meaning Flowers/Viciedo/Santos), I'm not quite so sure.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
If KW and Ozzie can talk into him DHing, then great.

How you get him without giving up Hudson (meaning Flowers/Viciedo/Santos), I'm not quite so sure.

As far as DH'ing, I bet they alternate Dunn and TCQ in RF and DH, to entice him into being OK with it. Not that it matters, because I don't think Dunn has an NTC, but better to have a happy player than not.

The Sox feel they have a very strong pen, and they have some decent relief prospects in the system, so don't be surprised to see a reliever moved (maybe even Santos). Also, Flowers has struggled a bit this year, and I am not 100% sure the Sox are dead set on him being the C of the future. Probably, but not necessarily.

So, maybe a package of Flowers, Santos/reliever, and Morel/Danks gets it done?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
Haha but would it really surprise you if Kenny did that?

Of course not.

The system is thin as it is. There are a lot of guys I like, but only Hudson that I have a death grip on. The rest, even Flowers, I might be willing to part with for Dunn. Depending on the package in total.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
The good thing about Dunn is that, if he weren't resigned, his departure would ensure 2 more draft picks for next years draft. You always have to like high draft picks.

This team might not be willing to go to Arb with Dunn.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
The system is thin as it is. There are a lot of guys I like, but only Hudson that I have a death grip on. The rest, even Flowers, I might be willing to part with for Dunn. Depending on the package in total.

I agree, but I'd hope we'd have some belief we could extend Dunn beyond this year.

Edited by scenario

Rongey's show has us (some "creative" callers) trading for Zambrano and Fukudome (for Teahen/Linebrink, etc.), and Zambrano DHing or hitting as well as pitching.

Oh, boy. Maybe, just maybe, if the Cubs ate 85% of his contract, but you know Hendry won't do that because Zambrano would love to stick it to the Northside and his former club, to be united with Ozzie, it would make signing him in the first place look even worse, if he really wants to keep his job (although Hendry and Piniella have to be done).

Washburn? Dontrelle Willis?

I guess Hudson will get at least 3-5 starts, then they'll have to decide at the end of July what direction they want to go in.