7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
f*** that... the day that robots are making the calls is the day I stop being a MLB fan.

I used to think exactly the same way, but this season has been the final straw for me. There have been so many TERRIBLE calls this year. Not only have I noticed an increase in close calls that have been blown (one which ruined a perfect game), but there have been some ridiculously outrageous calls as well (aka Buehrle vs Joe West, and that Damon strikeout call). I say bring on the robots!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
How about non-HR ruling challenge flags? Two per manager.

I'd be fine with some sort of challenge system. But no need for the game to be run by robots.

However, I'd love to see a robot fight Eric Cooper. My god he is awful, even though that call benefited us, it just pisses you off that someone can be that bad. At least he is consistently bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
Nice play by Putz...he's locked in. Maybe he can go another batter or two, and let Thornton try and close it out?

I'm very intrigued to see how Ozzie manages these last 2 innings.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:50 AM)
That was blatant...still doesn't give us our run back though...

Think of it this way...if it was one on, no outs for Rios, the Angels might have pitched him differently to try and induce the double play. I doubt they throw him an inside fastball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Think of it this way...if it was one on, no outs for Rios, the Angels might have pitched him differently to try and induce the double play. I doubt they throw him an inside fastball.

Agreed. I never liked the argument (well that cost us a run) or whatever. A pitcher pitches different depending on the situations.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)

Exactly. I hate how people always assume it would have been a 2 run home run, maybe Rios would have GIDP. WE dont know that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Agreed. I never liked the argument (well that cost us a run) or whatever. A pitcher pitches different depending on the situations.

I still wonder with all of his years in the game, how Hawk doesn't realize that as well...

I love Hawk, cause he is at least a true fan, but he gets so f***ing annoying at times. Freddy Garcia is NOT an all-star. AJP has SUCKED this season, he swung the bat well for about a week and a half, but outside of that, he's been awful.

I'm listening so I didn't see Pena's performance, but I think we should give him his due considering the situation. We're winning this game with 2 runs and an early exit from our starter.