7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
They do, but Thornton's fastball is even tougher to hit because of his easy motion, it really sneaks up on the hitters. And then, when he does throw his mediocre slider in the right situation, the hitters have no chance.

I think he hides the ball really well also. Hunter is a BIG out here...the game is right now.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
I don't think it is, as the gun has been consistent all game. It's not like the debacles in KC where Linebrink was "throwing" 98 mph.

You mean he wasn't throwing 98 mph ankle high fastballs!?!?!?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
I don't think it is, as the gun has been consistent all game. It's not like the debacles in KC where Linebrink was "throwing" 98 mph.

I'm talking more or less posters saying it everytime one of our guys is bringing it in a game. I'm sure there will be some "Thornton was not hitting 99, it was probably 95-97 on a normal gun."

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
HUH?

I think he feels that Kotsay and Jones are good for the team and getting a piece like Rios last year while good on paper could set the team back instead. Not that I agree but he say look Kotsay got on base in the 9th tonight.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm talking more or less posters saying it everytime one of our guys is bringing it in a game. I'm sure there will be some "Thornton was not hitting 99, it was probably 95-97 on a normal gun."

It probably was around 99. Thornton is so nice and easy most of the time and hits 97, then every now and then you see him put some extra oomph I guess you can say in his motion, so I'm sure he can hit 99 from time to time.