7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
I can't make a judgment on him at 3rd yet. Haven't seen him enough. The play tonight he just couldn't get the ball out of his glove. Seen lots of good fielders do that. Don't know how his range is . Seen him range into the hole a few times but he might've been playing way off the line to start. Real strong arm.

Well, someone said he will likely be manning first base next year and I tend to agree, especially if Teahen is back. It just seemed like there were a few plays tonight that he missed due to poor positioning or recognition of the spin on the ball. I believe working with a HOF infielder could aid his defense tremendously, even if he ends up moving across the diamond next year.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
God, watching this team, i just don't get it (well, i do, the pitching) but i love it. lillibridge playing like ...a real player, vizquel kicking ass. Beckham sucking the world up. I would never have guessed this was the lineups that would turn it around.

I think we underestimate how much Beckham destroyed the flow of this offense.

Alexei has been lost all day. He hit two home runs the past two days, so he obviously is gonna try even harder to hit home runs now.

I wish Alexei would swing the bat like he did when we first saw him in ST. He swung with the intention of hitting the ball hard, but he would go with the pitch and not try and pull everything over the damn fence.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Well, someone said he will likely be manning first base next year and I tend to agree, especially if Teahen is back. It just seemed like there were a few plays tonight that he missed due to poor positioning or recognition of the spin on the ball. I believe working with a HOF infielder could aid his defense tremendously, even if he ends up moving across the diamond next year.

Many on the board said the same thing including me about playing 1st base and said it long ago too. But what the hell, he's 21 and with a lot of time to improve I'd like to see him stick at 3rd and see how good he can get . Plenty of time to switch to 1st.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
Many on the board said the same thing including me about playing 1st base and said it long ago too. But what the hell, he's 21 and with a lot of time to improve I'd like to see him stick at 3rd and see how good he can get . Plenty of time to switch to 1st.

The best thing so far is he's aggressive at third. He doesn't lay back and hope for a happy short hop like Teahen and Nix did this year and Becks did last season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
I'm not happy to see Matt in the 8th tonight.

As a hitter, how do you not sit dead red for high heat against Thornton? It's what he does like 99.9% of the time.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
Is it bad I'm excited to see Andruw bat in the 8th?

Nah, cause the sooner he hits his 400th, the better. Get that out of the way so when he does go back to suckage, there shouldn't be anything holding us back from DFA'ing him.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
As a hitter, how do you not sit dead red for high heat against Thornton? It's what he does like 99.9% of the time.

They do, but Thornton's fastball is even tougher to hit because of his easy motion, it really sneaks up on the hitters. And then, when he does throw his mediocre slider in the right situation, the hitters have no chance.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:22 AM)
Thornton bringing it at 99. But of course I'm sure the WCIU gun is jacked up according to the soxtalk myth/posters.

I don't think it is, as the gun has been consistent all game. It's not like the debacles in KC where Linebrink was "throwing" 98 mph.