7/16 - Chicago vs. Twins

Heads22

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Beckham, he shouldn't get a free pass defensively.

The guy's on a pace for 20+ errors at 2B, that's not very good. Yes, he has the potential to be an above-average MLB second baseman, but he's not there yet.

If we're going to rip Viciedo, the guy hasn't even played that position much this season, he played more 1B. Undoubtedly, he would be better as a DH, but so would Teahen, and Vizquel clearly isn't the long-term solution. And I have a feeling Morel will be the Ryan Sweeney of 3B.

Another error. Just not our night. Floyd has never been good at fielding his position...not quite Clayton Richard-esque, but pretty bad.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
i really hope this is just a bad game and not a sign of things to come....

Our starting pitching has some pretty big question marks, but so do those of the Twins and Tigers. The division could easily come down to who acquires the best starting pitcher.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 01:50 AM)
i really hope this is just a bad game and not a sign of things to come....

The games not over yet - we're just down by 3 with a lot of time to come back

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
On the subject of Beckham, he shouldn't get a free pass defensively.

The guy's on a pace for 20+ errors at 2B, that's not very good. Yes, he has the potential to be an above-average MLB second baseman, but he's not there yet.

If we're going to rip Viciedo, the guy hasn't even played that position much this season, he played more 1B. Undoubtedly, he would be better as a DH, but so would Teahen, and Vizquel clearly isn't the long-term solution. And I have a feeling Morel will be the Ryan Sweeney of 3B.

Another error. Just not our night. Floyd has never been good at fielding his position...not quite Clayton Richard-esque, but pretty bad.

the reason he hasnt played it much is because hes not good at it