GT: White Sox @ A's 7/25, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't one of Huddy's strengths to throw strikes? Seems as if he either has nerves or is trying to nibble too much to me. I didn't see his start in Seattle, however. It's not rare for young pitchers to be a bit afraid of the bat when coming to the big leagues I guess...so let's see

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Isn't one of Huddy's strengths to throw strikes? Seems as if he either has nerves or is trying to nibble too much to me. I didn't see his start in Seattle, however. It's not rare for young pitchers to be a bit afraid of the bat when coming to the big leagues I guess...so let's see

He's supposed to have good control.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)

There was a lot of concern in the minors this year about how many pitches he was throwing to complete innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
There was a lot of concern in the minors this year about how many pitches he was throwing to complete innings.

Wasn't most of that early in the year though, when he was already struggling?

Hudson right now is reminding me of almost every rookie we see come up...he's trying to make the perfect pitch every time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Wow, that was a piss poor effort by Beckham. This team just has no swagger since the ASB. And AJP, please call for the 0-2 changeup.

That was like Roger f***ing Dorn

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Wasn't most of that early in the year though, when he was already struggling?

Hudson right now is reminding me of almost every rookie we see come up...he's trying to make the perfect pitch every time.

In his last 10 starts in AAA he went 5, 8, 5, 5, 7, 6, 5, 6, 6, and 5 innings. Not exactly Roy Halladay.