GT: White Sox @ A's 7/25, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Hawk's in "tip your cap" mode.

He's doing that because our hitters have tipped their caps. He made the real point that inning too...where he pointed out that Braden hasn't gotten a curveball over all day.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Phillies fired they're hitting coach, why can't we?

You don't like Walker saying that if Braden keeps the change-up low, the Sox will lose? Alexei and Konerko had a great approach in the first, but since then, all we see is hitter after hitter pulling off the change-up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
He's doing that because our hitters have tipped their caps. He made the real point that inning too...where he pointed out that Braden hasn't gotten a curveball over all day.

4 hits or less for our hitters against the starting pitcher in 3 of the last 4 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
4 hits or less for our hitters against the starting pitcher in 3 of the last 4 games.

Ok, at least 1 of those was against King Felix, so let's just write that one off, that was going to happen anyway.

Would like alittle more consistency from ST posters. First it was "damn Huddy is a stud" from his last start and now "Huddy is overrated." He'll be more than fine no doubt in my mind. Pretty much an adjustment period for him. He was brutal the first month for AAA before dominating the last two months. He would be damn good if he was pitching like a reliever, but he is taking his slumps as a starter with more innings, more patient hitters, etc.. Honestly he is one of the least of my worries if he'll still be here in this pennant race.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Would like alittle more consistency from ST posters. First it was "damn Huddy is a stud" from his last start and now "Huddy is overrated." He'll be more than fine no doubt in my mind. Pretty much an adjustment period for him. He was brutal the first month for AAA before dominating the last two months. He would be damn good if he was pitching like a reliever, but he is taking his slumps as a starter with more innings, more patient hitters, etc.. Honestly he is one of the least of my worries if he'll still be here in this pennant race.

He'll be fine, it may just take a few months or even a year or two. Like most starting pitchers. And it's fun and easy to pretend that isn't the norm...gives you a chance to say how we should dump him immediately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
He'll be fine, it may just take a few months or even a year or two. Like most starting pitchers. And it's fun and easy to pretend that isn't the norm...gives you a chance to say how we should dump him immediately.

Nobody would be saying a thing if not for Peavy being out. There's more pressure on him because of that. I really don't know how the hell KW is going to be able to fix the offense and even somewhat cover up the massive hole that losing Peavy has created.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
For some reason, it is always Oakland's stadium that gives us the most trouble out of all the W.C. teams.

While it may be true that the Sox are bad in Oakland's stadium, I don't want to hear anyone b**** about the dimensions of it. Yeah some of those balls aren't actually in the playing field in other stadiums or in our house, but there's no excuse for the s***ty play that I've witnessed here, with the exception of Buehrle's win on Friday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
He gets a lot of swings and misses, but he desperately needs a 3rd pitch.

He does have 3 quality pitches.

He just looks like he's pressing and as a result failing to execute.

Same reason his control has gone to hell after getting called up.

I hope he can settle in quickly.

Not sure how much longer we can settle for these types of performances while he gets MLB 'experience'.

If we weren't in a race, we could put up with it but...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
Nobody would be saying a thing if not for Peavy being out. There's more pressure on him because of that. I really don't know how the hell KW is going to be able to fix the offense and even somewhat cover up the massive hole that losing Peavy has created.

Add Luke Scott and another long man

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)

Really, it's not possible.

The right answer was to sign a legitimate DH in January instead of pretending that Kotsay would somehow hit .290 again.

Once you make that mistake, you're screwed. Trading Hudson would have been a bad idea if Peavy had stayed healthy; we're really going to need another starting pitcher next year and we won't have the money for it.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
He does have 3 quality pitches.

He just looks like he's pressing and as a result failing to execute.

Same reason his control has gone to hell after getting called up.

Not sure how much longer we can settle for these types of performances while he gets MLB 'experience'.

So where's his slider?

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)

Really, it's not like we're going to have a choice here. Trading Hudson for a rental starter would be silly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Really, it's not possible.

The right answer was to sign a legitimate DH in January instead of pretending that Kotsay would somehow hit .290 again.

Once you make that mistake, you're screwed. Trading Hudson would have been a bad idea if Peavy had stayed healthy; we're really going to need another starting pitcher next year and we won't have the money for it.

This is such a great post...and it's the reason that I was so frustrated when people before the season were saying how easy it would be to upgrade the offense during the season if the DH-by-committee failed.