GT: White Sox @ A's 7/25, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if Hudson and Beckham are slightly affected by all of the talk of trade rumors, it wouldn't shock me nor would i really blame them if it made them peform subpar, hopefully August 1st will spell a lot of the anxiety

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
If these last 2 games don't scream "We need to trade for a starting pitcher" then I dunno what does.

We don't need another bat, get some arms.

We have no resouces to acquire anything significant on the mound. Flowers and Viciedo are about it, and 95% of major league teams can/will offer more than that. If Garcia/Hudson can't perform well, then this team is going to really struggle.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
If these last 2 games don't scream "We need to trade for a starting pitcher" then I dunno what does.

Do you ever post in the game threads when the Sox are winning?

Let me guess, you want them to trade for Haren or Oswalt?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Hudson has to hold them here. We're getting back into the mode of "7-10 Sox hitters retired in a row". Shades of April/May. This homestand couldn't come at a better time. Maybe King Felix will have a blister problem!

hell, shades of yesterday

A's are swinging confidently right now, even if they're making outs, Hudson will have to be pinpoint from here on or they'll be getting a lot of bloop shots at the least

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
We have no resouces to acquire anything significant on the mound. Flowers and Viciedo are about it, and 95% of major league teams can/will offer more than that. If Garcia/Hudson can't perform well, then this team is going to really struggle.

As evident in the last 2 games.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)

the last 90 games scream we need a DH

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
It's not like he was dominating AAA though. There was still a lot for him to work on, including limiting pitches per inning and being able to get lefty hitters out.

Have you looked at his stats the last 3 months? Yes, he was dominating AAA.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
Wonder if Hudson and Beckham are slightly affected by all of the talk of trade rumors, it wouldn't shock me nor would i really blame them if it made them peform subpar, hopefully August 1st will spell a lot of the anxiety

The Hudson/Beckham talk has been less intense than I'd have expected.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
Have you looked at his stats the last 3 months? Yes, he was dominating AAA.

Looking at his full numbers, yes, he was doing good the last 2 months. I wonder why he struggled so much on the road?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Looking at his full numbers, yes, he was doing good the last 2 months. I wonder why he struggled so much on the road?

He only pitched 33 road innings while pitching 60 at Charlotte. I'll bet you you're looking at an April/sample size issue there. 1-2 bad starts in April and not a whole lotta innings would do that.