GT: White Sox @ A's 7/25, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
Yeah let's throw liney out there for 4 innings and burn out his arm, at least we can get a little value out of the guy. Can't believe we got another year of him as well...

Hey, maybe we can have an insurance policy on him?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Lost in the Hudson disappointing performance is we're getting dominated by a pitcher who's given up a ton of hits over his last 6 starts.

and tomorrow we get felix again so a danks 2 hitter may not be enough

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
and tomorrow we get felix again so a danks 2 hitter may not be enough

But you know what, this roster got us into this position, so no changes are necessary! I wonder if they'll keep saying that if the Twins pass us up before July 31st.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
But you know what, this roster got us into this position, so no changes are necessary! I wonder if they'll keep saying that if the Twins pass us up before July 31st.

lucky for us the tigers suck or we would be in 3rd by then

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
tigers are done with...I'd say Twins are 50 pct likely to win ALC, Sox 40, and Tigers 10

Twins don't have better pitching than us, starters or BP, even without Peavy, IMO, so I still believe we are the favorites. Their O could be much better but we're slowly turning the corner there despite our joke of a situation at DH

Oh come on guys...let's face it, we probably should have gone 6-4 on this trip and I would have been fine with that. These last two games have been frustrating, but this trip hasn't been as bad as the record indicates.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Twins don't have better pitching than us, starters or BP, even without Peavy, IMO, so I still believe we are the favorites. Their O could be much better but we're slowly turning the corner there despite our joke of a situation at DH

But their offense is way better.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)

With the Twins finally getting rid of Blackburn, and coupled with the Sox losing Peavy, it feels like we lost the big advantage we had with regards to the starting rotation. Pavano and Liriano are matching Danks/Floyd these days.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Oh come on guys...let's face it, we probably should have gone 6-4 on this trip and I would have been fine with that. These last two games have been frustrating, but this trip hasn't been as bad as the record indicates.

It's not the record that's frightening, it's that the guys who were carrying this offense when we were hot (Konerko/Rios/Quentin) have really slowed down. However, we know those guys are much better at the Cell, so that's why the next 7 games are so critical.