White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
I totally agree. It doesn't matter if that hitter is 0.000 against left-handers and your season is almost over during a pennant race. You just don't pinch hit in that scenario.

I thought I got some support on this "old" argument. You don't play Kotsay. We all know that is the correct move.

But if you do play Kotsay, you don't pull him in the fifth inning.

I mean when making the decision to play a guy, there is a chance that the starter will get knocked out and a lefty will be in the game.

Don't play Kotsay, but if you do play him, you don't bat for a starter in the fifth inning. Name one manager who will do that move.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
I thought I got some support on this "old" argument. You don't play Kotsay. We all know that is the correct move.

But if you do play Kotsay, you don't pull him in the fifth inning.

I mean when making the decision to play a guy, there is a chance that the starter will get knocked out and a lefty will be in the game.

Don't play Kotsay, but if you do play him, you don't bat for a starter in the fifth inning. Name one manager who will do that move.

Joe Girardi, Joe Torre, Tony Larussa, Joe Maddon, Buck Showalter,.....heck even Terry Bevington might.

When the opponent's broadcast booth is bewildered that Kotsay was left in you might start to question Ozzie's thought process.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Over a 500 AB season...that's 20 HR and 100 RBI, and that's with plenty of time off.

He's a good hitter. I'm just pointing out his presence alone doesn't mean squat in winning or losing against the Cleveland Indians.

It's no travesty if he doesn't play tonight. Though I'm of the opinion since we got him, might as well play him.

Why no discussion of whether he will be on the team next year?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
But what is his Grinder %?

Probably only 0.2%.

He's too talented, doesn't try, takes roids, doesn't run hard, can't field.

He's like the opposite of Darin Erstad, Mark Kotsay, etc.

No wonder Ozzie isn't letting him play today.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
He's a good hitter. I'm just pointing out his presence alone doesn't mean squat in winning or losing against the Cleveland Indians.

It's no travesty if he doesn't play tonight. Though I'm of the opinion since we got him, might as well play him.

We almost lost yesterday after leaving 15 guys on base.

I think you need him, especially against Masterson (been good against us (2.78 ERA), not as bad as his ERA shows).

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
for all of you getting on ozzie about the lineup the flight from la. to clev. he took today was not a direct flight.

Why didn't we fly him direct on a private jet? That's just asinine. Did they throw him on Southwest and have him connect through 3 cities?!? What the hell is with this organization?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)

Doesn't mean squat? Are you actually serious?

It at least helps, come on man.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
for all of you getting on ozzie about the lineup the flight from la. to clev. he took today was not a direct flight.

You'd think Manny Ramirez would have a private jet, after all, he's getting paid 100k a day for crying out loud.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Doesn't mean squat?

Yes. Manny is interchangeable with the likes of Brent Lillibridge, Nick Punto or Augie Ojeda. He will make almost no difference to this offense.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Doesn't mean squat? Are you actually serious?

It at least helps, come on man.

Manny doesn't mean squat because he did steroids and those numbers are the result of steroid use.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
With the Sox, you never take any game for granted. It's not like Manny is assured of pulling a Rios and going 4-for-5 tonight. His stats this year, in fact, suck. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the lineup, but I could give a s*** if we win, anyway. It's not like his presence assures anything.

Stop saying "we". You clearly are the world's worst White Sox "fan" if you don't care if we win or lose... Oh, and Manny has very good stats this year.

Your posts are tiring, repetitive, and predictable.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
He's no Carl Everett!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Stop saying "we". You clearly are the world's worst White Sox "fan" if you don't care if we win or lose... Oh, and Manny has very good stats this year.

Your posts are tiring, repetitive, and predictable.

I never was a Carl Everett guy.

Why am I the world's worst White Sox fan? I've followed the team a long time. When I lived in Chicago I had season tix for many years.

I went to games in the old Comiskey regularly and was joined some seasons by about 5000 of my closest friends. I was there for September games when the team sucked and the stadium was empty.

I'm against the Manny acquisition. What do you want me to do, lie just to be liked?

I hope he leads us to the division title.

Sorry that I don't think his absence in the lineup tonight if he doesn't play is a big deal.

But I am not the world's worst White Sox fan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
With the Sox, you never take any game for granted. It's not like Manny is assured of pulling a Rios and going 4-for-5 tonight. His stats this year, in fact, suck. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the lineup, but I could give a s*** if we win, anyway. It's not like his presence assures anything.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I never was a Carl Everett guy.

Why am I the world's worst White Sox fan? I've followed the team a long time. When I lived in Chicago I had season tix for many years.

I went to games in the old Comiskey regularly and was joined some seasons by about 5000 of my closest friends. I was there for September games when the team sucked and the stadium was empty.

I'm against the Manny acquisition. What do you want me to do, lie just to be liked?

I hope he leads us to the division title.

Sorry that I don't think his absence in the lineup tonight if he doesn't play is a big deal.

But I am not the world's worst White Sox fan.

You are the King of Contradiction. What changed in those 24 minutes?