White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
I dont think he gets out of the NL to be honest.

Not a single NL team put a claim in for Laroche who's having a very good 2nd half once again and is healthy but they will put in a claim for a guy who can;t field and has been on the DL 3 times this year?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
Not a single NL team put a claim in for Laroche who's having a very good 2nd half once again and is healthy but they will put in a claim for a guy who can;t field and has been on the DL 3 times this year?

Jose Guillen says hi.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)

Maybe they think he would cost less than what AZ wanted for Laroche.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Reds? Giants?

The Giants have already acquired Jose Guillen, Cody Ross, and Pat Burrell. They already had Andres Torres tearing it up, with Aaron Rowand & Nate Scheirholtz as part-timers. I think that OF may be a bit too crowded for Manny.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Does any NL team really want any part of Manny roaming in their outfield? Manny is a DH everyone knows this, Manny knows this, that's why he wants back to AL.

you do wonder if manny has let it be known through intermediaries that he wouldn't accept a trade to an nl team.

The Legend of Aaron Rowand is a bust? NOOOOOO it can't be?

(Sarcasm)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
The Giants have already acquired Jose Guillen, Cody Ross, and Pat Burrell. They already had Andres Torres tearing it up, with Aaron Rowand & Nate Scheirholtz as part-timers. I think that OF may be a bit too crowded for Manny.

Heyman:

SI_JonHeyman while i think #chisox have interest, i still dont see them making claim to pay full $4.3 mil for manny. stay tuned, tho.

about 2 hours ago

SI_JonHeyman manny helping dodgers' cause now (both race and trade) with 2-for-2 game. this could get interesting.

about 3 hours ago

Buster:

Buster_ESPN any real motivation for him to make sure he's in the lineup and playing and productive over the last five weeks of the season.

20 minutes ago

Buster_ESPN If Manny actually demands an extension to accept a deal, it'll kill interest from at least two teams. An extension would eliminate (more)

21 minutes ago

I figured the extension may have been away to scare teams away so he could go to us like he wants. I wish it was Fridy so we could know the outcome.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
on the bright side, he could be in a white sox uni for the weekend.

It would be pretty cool for him to debut on Sunday since I'll be there and it's already going to be a memorable event with the Frank Thomas stuff.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
It would be pretty cool for him to debut on Sunday since I'll be there and it's already going to be a memorable event with the Frank Thomas stuff.

I was just thinking about that this morning. Being so pumped up for Frank Thomas Day, then Manny debuting in the 3-hole for the Sox, awesomeness.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
I was just thinking about that this morning. Being so pumped up for Frank Thomas Day, then Manny debuting in the 3-hole for the Sox, awesomeness.

What would make it even better is if we were on a 3 game winning streak going into that game looking for a sweep of the Yankees.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
What would make it even better is if we were on a 3 game winning streak going into that game looking for a sweep of the Yankees.

And if the Twins were on a six game losing streak and the Sox were only 0.5 games back on Sunday morning. I think I need a new pair of pants.