Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
What did that prove, Ozzie?

With a four-run lead, our bullpen, and EdWIN's pitch count, to my way of thinking, you absolutely give him at least one batter to continue along. He walked Cabrera, and Ozzie came and got him right away. I have no problem with rewarding Jackson with the start of the inning under those circumstances.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
With a four-run lead, our bullpen, and EdWIN's pitch count, to my way of thinking, you absolutely give him at least one batter to continue along. He walked Cabrera, and Ozzie came and got him right away. I have no problem with rewarding Jackson with the start of the inning under those circumstances.

I agree, but that half inning was just too long...

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)

That.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Ugh, Andruw Jones with some absolutely boneheaded defense the last week.

I don't think it was boneheaded. It was just a horrible throw. He would have been gone with a decent throw.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Shack is 100% right here. THat was a 35 minute+ half inning after the guy had thrown 90 pitches.

I see and appreciate what you guys are saying, but I still think Ozzie played it right. He gave Jackson one at-bat, which he blew with the walk, and then he yanked him. Who's to say anyone from the bullpen would have done any better with just that one batter? We just saw what Putz had on hand tonight.