Ozzie Guillen

BigSqwert

Take him or leave him?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. If we DON'T make the post season....

• Get rid of him. He's outstayed his welcome.
    • Keep him. The players let him down.
    • Give him one more year.
  2. 2. If we DO make the post season...

• Get rid of him. He still can't manage worth a lick.
    • Keep him. How can you get rid of a guy that brought us a WS and 2 other DIV titles.
    • Give him one more year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
If Ozzie would have f***ing walked Jason Weakling Kendall and pitched to Kila and the lefty Kila beat us, which he would have, Ozzie would have been fried on here (and rightly so).

I repeat, Kila would have hit one of the longest home runs in KC history.

Jason Kendall is a weak piece of s***. Linebrink can't retire Jason Kendall with the game on the line? We deserve to lose.

You don't pitch around a weakass righty to face a lefty there. There have been some bad overpaid players in Sox history, Linebrink is right up there with the worst of them.

Kendall also owns Linebrink in his career. And I don't consider someone making 4 million dollars as being overpaid. That happens with numerous relievers.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
If Ozzie would have f***ing walked Jason Weakling Kendall and pitched to Kila and the lefty Kila beat us, which he would have, Ozzie would have been fried on here (and rightly so).

I repeat, Kila would have hit one of the longest home runs in KC history.

Jason Kendall is a weak piece of s***. Linebrink can't retire Jason Kendall with the game on the line? We deserve to lose.

You don't pitch around a weakass righty to face a lefty there. There have been some bad overpaid players in Sox history, Linebrink is right up there with the worst of them.

That list starts and ends with Jaime Navarro.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Kendall also owns Linebrink in his career. And I don't consider someone making 4 million dollars as being overpaid. That happens with numerous relievers.

Fathom, you know darn well you'd have crucified Oz had he walked one of the weakest hitters in baseball to get to Kila, a lefty, and Kila gotten a hit.

You just would have. Please admit it.

That said, I do like the fact you are willing to criticize Rios.

As far as his salary, $4 million and no highlights the past two seasons. He is pathetic. He's the Kotsay of our pitching staff.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Fathom, you know darn well you'd have crucified Oz had he walked one of the weakest hitters in baseball to get to Kila, a lefty, and Kila gotten a hit.

You just would have. Please admit it.

That said, I do like the fact you are willing to criticize Rios.

As far as his salary, $4 million and no highlights the past two seasons. He is pathetic. He's the Kotsay of our pitching staff.

all you are dealing in is hypotheticals. The fact remains that Kendall has owned Linebrink over his career and continued to own Linebrink with the game on the line. Woulda Coulda Shoulda. Dont care, the wrong decision was made. If Kendall is walked and Kila hits "OMG DA LONGEST HOMERUN EVAH", then Ozzie played the numbers right and Linebrink still pitched like s***. But Ozzie didnt play the numbers right and got burned when the numbers told him he would get burned.

It was a bad call, and I dont care if Ozzie would try and kick my ass if I told him it was a bad call

The wrong call was not made. The correct call was made.

You do not walk a righthanded hitting weakling with your righthanded pitcher to face a lefty.

You just DON'T.

I'm right on this one.

Jason Kendall? Are you serious? Has he ever been intentionally walked in his life? The man is a horrible baseball hitter with probably the least amoun of pop in his bat than any regular in baseball.

If anything, the outfield should have been in closer. That's right, Oz gets the blame for positioning the outfielders so the Oz haters win that argument again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 12:23 AM)
The wrong call was not made. The correct call was made.

You do not walk a righthanded hitting weakling with your righthanded pitcher to face a lefty.

You just DON'T.

I'm right on this one.

Jason Kendall? Are you serious? Has he ever been intentionally walked in his life? The man is a horrible baseball hitter with probably the least amoun of pop in his bat than any regular in baseball.

If anything, the outfield should have been in closer. That's right, Oz gets the blame for positioning the outfielders so the Oz haters win that argument again.

LOL you are right even though the proof is the result of the situation. Good call greg

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:20 AM)
So who's to blame for sending an injured Putz out last night?

And why the hell were we carrying two injured relief pitchers on the roster?

My god! Who the hell is running this team?

If Putz wasn't on the DL, then he needed a shot last night, with where that bullpen is. If he couldn't go, he should be on the DL.

We need to get Threets off the DL with his turf toe and get Thornton on there retroactively to last Thursday.

Going to need Linebrink to step it up now that bringing in Santos seems to be like playing Russian Roulette.

All I can say is thank goodness for Chris Sale and his ghetto gold.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
We need to get Threets off the DL with his turf toe and get Thornton on there retroactively to last Thursday.

As I noted in the other thread, they think Thornton will be ready to go by about the end of this series.