Back Up The Truck???

BearingPro

Things are looking grim.

A loss tomorrow and I say pull the plug on this season and start dumping salary while there are still pennant races with anxious buyers.

Remember, this is a team that lost 3 of 4 to the Orioles. Right then and there I knew we were in serious trouble.

QUOTE (BearingPro @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
Things are looking grim.

A loss tomorrow and I say pull the plug on this season and start dumping salary while there are still pennant races with anxious buyers.

Remember, this is a team that lost 3 of 4 to the Orioles. Right then and there I knew we were in serious trouble.

Did you know we were in serious trouble when we won 25 of 30 games?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Did you know we were in serious trouble when we won 25 of 30 games?

No, I was extremely impressed and if the WS were streaking now, I'd be equally impressed. Alas, they are dispalying major suckage which is a bad thing at this point in the season.

QUOTE (BearingPro @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
No, I was extremely impressed and if the WS were streaking now, I'd be equally impressed. Alas, they are dispalying major suckage which is a bad thing at this point in the season.

Do games in August count for more than the ones in April? I was unaware of the format switch

the season is over people, it would take a miracle in the most literal sense to come back from this

we also have to play the twins AGAIN at their ballpark before the season is over

i agree that dumping off players is the correct approach, i dont care if we win or lose tomorrow

also this team needs to go in a new direction with a new manager.. some of the 2005 guys left on the team to be allowed to leave... we need guys who don't quite have that tight-ass syndrome imbedded into them from years past, guys who dont give two s***s about playing the twins, either at the cell or at the dome

one thing though, i love alex rios

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
How often do teams dump the salary of multiple players through the waiver process? I can see one player. But this guy is proposing a White Flag.

I think if we really wanted to dump multiple players, we probably could...Konerko, Pierre, Jones, Putz, maybe even Linebrink the way he's been pitching lately...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
I think if we really wanted to dump multiple players, we probably could...Konerko, Pierre, Jones, Putz, maybe even Linebrink the way he's been pitching lately...

I'm really not that anxious to see how bad our farm systems is either.

Waiver deals don't seem to really benefit the team trying to dump.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
Dumping salary? Is there another trade deadline I don't know about?

The Cubs traded Derrek Lee yesterday, y'know. That kind of deal happens in August every year.

The Sox should look into whatever deals they can make. Maybe they can do some veterans a favor and land them in pennant races. That ain't happening here anymore.

The Sox were able to dump Contreras and Thome last year.

It's time. Anyone we can get anything legit for...do it...unless they're likely to be type A/type B. It'd be nice to hold onto PK14 for sentimental reasons, but if you're offered a legit player for him...it's time.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
we also have to play the twins AGAIN at their ballpark before the season is over

Incorrect...we only play them 3 more times at OUR ballpark...but it doesn't matter, they beat us wherever the games are.

The only thing that keeps me hanging on, is the The Twins have shown in recent past that they are capable of going into a tailspin. They went on one before, and they cannot, and will not continue this winning dominance for another 40 games. They do have to face Teaxs 7 more times, and finish the season with Toronto with 4 games. If we can get back on track and play even remotely like we did in June/July.............there is still a chance. Outside? Yes! A Tentative Yes that requires some serious help? Yes! But at least in the equation there is still a friggin' YES!

Just remember.....That after May, we thought that we were all out of Yesses!

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 07:52 AM)
I wish I felt your optimism. I really do. I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong though.

The law of averages say the Sox win tonight. That and I think the Sox are pissed off. They have to go in there tonight and think that they are going to win, think that they are going to swing the bats and get hits and score some runs, think that they are going to keep the Twins to a handful of runs at best.

Dammit, it's time to beat the Twins! Now!