8/22 Danks vs. Frustrated Royal

Quin

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The royals announcers just said Tehan broke his finger again last night.

Is this true?

Manager Ozzie Guillen said X-rays on Teahen's finger were negative. Teahen had missed roughly 2 1/2 months with a fracture on that finger before returning on Aug. 13.

"I think he just has a bruise," Guillen said. "Hopefully, we can talk to Major League Baseball and allow him to use two gloves. One on the right (hand) and one on the left. Every time there's a ground ball, I don't think he wants to use his glove. He should be day-to-day."

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
The royals announcers just said Tehan broke his finger again last night.

Is this true?

I know he hurt hit...I didn't think he broke it.

How the hell is Wilson Betemit hitting .342?

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Joe West's zone sucks. He's called three balls on strikes in this inning alone. And these are pretty obvious too, both to the eye and on pitch f/x.

If only we could report him to some head of the umpires association...oh wait.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
Seriously, who the hell is that guy wearing Betemit's jersey?

I know what you mean. Really though wouldn't you think our pitchers would get together and tell each other what pitch not to throw to this guy?

Its official, if the White Sox don't win the WS, its not the lack of Jim Thome, its not Peavy getting hurt, its not AJ not hitting or Quentin hitting .230, its not Kotsay, its not the pitching staff's April and May, it all because of Joe West.

Hawk has Frank taking shots at him now. This telecast is beyond nausiating.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Its official, if the White Sox don't win the WS, its not the lack of Jim Thome, its not Peavy getting hurt, its not AJ not hitting or Quentin hitting .230, its not Kotsay, its not the pitching staff's April and May, it all because of Joe West.

Hawk has Frank taking shots at him now. This telecast is beyond nausiating.

If it's any consolation, the Royals announcer LeFebre has brutalized West all weekend as well. It's not just Hawk. If you want to try a good announcer, check out the Royals' Bob Davis today. He's good.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
If it's any consolation, the Royals announcer LeFebre has brutalized West all weekend as well. It's not just Hawk. If you want to try a good announcer, check out the Royals' Bob Davis today. He's good.

I actually like Hawk. When its just about baseball, I think he's as good as anyone. Unfortunately he truly believes every umpire has it out for the Sox.