White Sox vs. Orioles, 7:10pm, WCIU

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Well, the Rangers simply have to beat the Twins now...because it doesn't seem like we want to beat the Orioles.

The only chance is if we can face Simon again, but I don't think Showalter will allow that to happen again.

Uehara will end up shutting us down.

I don't think anyone would have said in June that Gordon Beckham would be our best hitter, Sale/Santos our best two remaining relievers (no, I'm not going to give that to Jenks because of one key DP) and Alex Rios our worst hitter.

Didn't realize we had 10 or more hits in 10 consecutive games....but with RISP? Not so good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Greg Walker needs to work on a new approach for Quentin to take against LHP. His current approach is absolutely atrocious. Seems like he has no prayer of getting the barrel on the ball.

he hasn't shown a good eye at the plate in so long. remember how he used to work hitter's counts?

Fire Walker!

Now, I had to say it, and thus, I feel a little bit better...not that it makes this performance less infuriating.

Of course, the White Sox will somehow take 2/3 from the Yankees to stay in the race and keep our hopes up, and they might have to with the Mariners playing the Twins and Felix Hernandez having already gone today in the DH against BOS.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 03:07 AM)
Fire Walker!

Now, I had to say it, and thus, I feel a little bit better...not that it makes this performance less infuriating.

Of course, the White Sox will somehow take 2/3 from the Yankees to stay in the race and keep our hopes up, and they might have to with the Mariners playing the Twins and Felix Hernandez having already gone today in the DH against BOS.

You can't blame Walker for this offense right now. They're getting a lot of hits, just struggling with RISP and showing absolutely no power at all. Right now, you have 5 of the hitters in the starting lineup playing very well, and they're still not scoring a ton of runs.