Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
The way the computer is set up at my dads, I can't see the TV but I just turned it on so I can listen to Gus in the background, awesome.

Just going to post that Gus lost it on Barnes' tip-dunk. I love Gus Johnson!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
Illinois is just dirty from downtown right now. 30 points off of 3's.

Gonzaga has apparently decided not to guard us at the 3 pt line. Also, if Tisdale was mobile at all he would be an NBA all star in the making. He might be the best shooter in college basketball regardless of size.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
Best way to beat Illinois: get McCamey out of the game. They are a very, very average team without him running the show.

Tough to do when he is always guarding the worst player on the other team and Illinois did better with him on the bench in the first half.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
Honestly, it would not surprise me to see Purdue miss the NCAA tournament.

They'll be ok because they'll play tough at home. I still laugh at people saying Jajuan Johnson is one of the 5 best players in the country.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
They'll be ok because they'll play tough at home. I still laugh at people saying Jajuan Johnson is one of the 5 best players in the country.

I'm starting to laugh at people saying Painter is one of the best coaches in the country. Outside of the big 3, which he recruited when IU was a s***show, he has not developed anyone. It's the Moore and Johnson show with 3 MAC players on the floor. I think Painter owes his COY award to Hummel.

Lewis Jackson is just hilarious to watch. I don't know if I've ever seen a guard so bad on offense.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
They do this every year. Ranked top 5 preseason, lose some games out of conference, win the Big Ten, make the Final Four, repeat.

Oh I'm aware of their tendencies, doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen every year. And that's part of my problem with all the MSU fans I have to deal with daily. I respect Izzo, but after that I can't stand anything about that school and it's fans. They make it seems like it's ok to lose games all the time. If I had a $1 for every time I heard "They'll be fine in March" I'd be a thousandaire.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
They do this every year. Ranked top 5 preseason, lose some games out of conference, win the Big Ten, make the Final Four, repeat.

Yep, but the one thing that would have me somewhat concerned if I was an MSU fan is that this team is made up of basically all JRs and SRs. They shouldn't be struggling like this right now.