Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Keith Benson of Oakland a couple of years ago was thought of as a lottery pick. His draft stock has taken quite the hit but he's still a pretty talented player that'll be on a NBA roster somewhere next season.

He's one of the best center's in college basketball. Oakland has a very talented team and they have one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the NCAA.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
He's one of the best center's in college basketball. Oakland has a very talented team and they have one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the NCAA.

Absolutely. Every f***in game it seems like they're playing a top 25 team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Enjoy it all you can til Monday.

Thanks for the advice.

We definitely f***ed that one up. Up 11 at half and we lose? Come on... Maybe they secretly switched to a women's ball on us... But I'm really not that upset. I thought this was going to be trap game (after the dominating win on the road at Pitt), especially the way they played Michigan St and Illinois. It will help in the long-run b/c that's the type of team we'll be playing the 1st round of the tournament.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
The year Tennessee is consistent is the year the world ends (or Bruce Pearl isn't their coach). How do you beat Villanova and Pitt and then lose to Oakland and Charlotte?

No s***...

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
Things aren't looking good for UIUC right now.

Our interior p**** duo were beyond pathetic today. I despise Mike Davis. I have never hated a player who wasn't a tool off the court more than I hate Mike Davis. 1 rebound today. 1 mother f***ing rebound. Go back to Virginia. And Tisdale has been playing a giant vagina lately. Fading away on everything, stupid fouls, just pathetic play. In the past he was just too weak but at least he battled. Now it looks like he has just given up.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
That was an awesome game. Beautiful that UIC, which hired Jimmy Collins after UIUC knifed him in the back, gets the win.

Lol, they hired Lon Kruger who is a dramatically better basketball coach and still the best coach (not program manager, recruiter, but coach) to have ever been at UI. That isn't getting stabbed in the back.

As for this team, it looked like they were past these types of performances but I should have known that the Tis and Davis s*** show could come about at any time. I would cut both of their playing time dramatically and tell them they can see the floor more when they start playing like they have some balls.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
How has Tisdale not added one pound of muscle in 4 years of college?

He has added over 50 pounds. He was freakishly thin as a freshman and while he still isn't strong his rebounding has actually improved dramatically. No idea why he is fading away so much on shots, he is fading away more this year then he did when he was 30 pounds lighter.

I can't believe that Illinois struggled so much to score points and lost against a UIC team that just gave up 80 points and lost to a bad NIU team earlier this week. To lose that game is inexcuseable, but the sort of thing we've come to expect under Bruce Weber. More specifically, this team is simply going to let you down long term as long as it relies on those soft wimps Mike and Mike as front line players. Can't wait until they're gone after this year, maybe the starting 4 and 5 will actually have balls next season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I hate saying this, but shooting less than 33% excuses most losses, especially close ones. Granted, getting easy shots it part of a good offense, but a bad shooting night happens and shouldn't be looked into too much. Same goes for 4-17 3s. It happens, whatever. If you get blown out by UIC, it's another story, but having an outlier of a shooting night and losing close isn't an indictment. At worst, it's a concern and if you weren't concerned about this team going in, I think you haven't been watching much of the team.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
I hate saying this, but shooting less than 33% excuses most losses, especially close ones. Granted, getting easy shots it part of a good offense, but a bad shooting night happens and shouldn't be looked into too much. Same goes for 4-17 3s. It happens, whatever. If you get blown out by UIC, it's another story, but having an outlier of a shooting night and losing close isn't an indictment. At worst, it's a concern and if you weren't concerned about this team going in, I think you haven't been watching much of the team.

That my be true, but at some point you need to look at the question of how a team with athletic talent like Brandon Paul and Jereme Richmond can play games like this. It vindicates the decision of every talented recruit that has chosen to play elsewhere.

Right, but like I said you had to be thinking that before Saturday's game anyway. It's a terrifying loss, but it shouldn't drastically change the perception of the team. This is not a top 15 team in the country. Their only good win is North Carolina and I don't know how good that is.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
He has added over 50 pounds. He was freakishly thin as a freshman and while he still isn't strong his rebounding has actually improved dramatically. No idea why he is fading away so much on shots, he is fading away more this year then he did when he was 30 pounds lighter.

I cant see the 50 lbs. You have to admit that guy appears to have not worked much on his physique at all since he's been in school.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 05:24 AM)
Right, but like I said you had to be thinking that before Saturday's game anyway. It's a terrifying loss, but it shouldn't drastically change the perception of the team. This is not a top 15 team in the country. Their only good win is North Carolina and I don't know how good that is.

Gonzaga.

They've actually looked pretty good this year. They aren't a perfect team, definitely have some weaknesses, but they could be a top 15 team when you look at the rest of the college basketball landscape.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
Gonzaga.

They've actually looked pretty good this year. They aren't a perfect team, definitely have some weaknesses, but they could be a top 15 team when you look at the rest of the college basketball landscape.

At Gonzaga is more impressive than a home win against UNC.