Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
"blown away" was hyperbolic....should have said that if IL had shot a more typical 40ish% from 3 that Iowa definitely would have won. IL seems like a very 1-dimensional jump-shooty team. Of course, if they give Wisconsin a game I'll have to revise my opinion....

Well there ya go.

Beat me to it Justin. And we only made 6 threes in this one.

All Wisky did was chuck up threes (yes a decent amount were open), which I really don't understand since our interior defense is usually very suspect, and you can foul Tisdale out pretty easily.

Wisconsin didn't turn the ball over though, which kept them in the game even with our good shooting, especially in the first half.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Well there ya go.

They are better than I thought. Nice job on the boards versus Wisconsin. i was surprised that the Badgers took so many outside shots when they had an advantage in the post. The game did provide some good material for the debate about who is the best point guard in the Big Ten....

Prior to the Illini game Wisconsin had shot almost 40% from 3 for the season.

I agree that Wisconsin should have been more aggressive inside, but it really seems that Wisconsin has decided to be a 3 point shooting team this year. They were second in three attempts made per game of Big 10 teams, and shooting 35 against Illinois really didnt change that trend.

This was a game I expected Wisconsin to lose, so I was glad that at certain points they actually could have made a run if they had hit some of their shots. I expect Wisconsin to win at Madison, but Illinois has given them the most trouble at the Kohl Center.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
They are better than I thought. Nice job on the boards versus Wisconsin. i was surprised that the Badgers took so many outside shots when they had an advantage in the post. The game did provide some good material for the debate about who is the best point guard in the Big Ten....

Debate? Who is better than McCamey as an overall point guard? There may be better scorers (Battle for example), but IMO there's not much of a debate about who is the best at that position.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 04:25 AM)
This was a game I expected Wisconsin to lose, so I was glad that at certain points they actually could have made a run if they had hit some of their shots. I expect Wisconsin to win at Madison, but Illinois has given them the most trouble at the Kohl Center.

Yeah, it was a game you could have won going in, but really not disappointed if you lose. I'll have the same attitude at the Kohl Center, I don't expect to win. That's why we had to get the home W (and I was a little more worried since it was a "break" game and we had 9 year olds and grandmas surrounding the floor - not exactly loud or intimidating). Then try to steal some road wins against tougher competition, always tough in the Big Ten.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
Northern Illinois, prepare to eat s*** tonight. :P

If they win, their 13-2 OOC mark will be the best they've had since 2000. Of course the competition has been weak, but its still progress, which is all I was really hoping for from Freddy.

That UNI loss still stings. 14-1 with the only loss being to Cal, that would look pretty good right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
If they win, their 13-2 OOC mark will be the best they've had since 2000. Of course the competition has been weak, but its still progress, which is all I was really hoping for from Freddy.

That UNI loss still stings. 14-1 with the only loss being to Cal, that would look pretty good right now.

Iowa State added two football players to their basketball team today.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Really? Interesting. Any news link on that? Just curious who, and why.

It's all on Cyclones.com. Jordan Railey, our backup center, flipped his SUV on New Years and alcohol is suspected, so that might be connected.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
Debate? Who is better than McCamey as an overall point guard? There may be better scorers (Battle for example), but IMO there's not much of a debate about who is the best at that position.

You forgot about Darius Morris as someone who could be in the conversation though. Not many people have watched him since UM isnt great

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
Yippee, I guess Christoperson's a game time decision tonight. That would give ISU 6 scholarship players for tonight and just 9 available overall. NIU might have a chance.

Eh, you and I could beat that NIU team 2 on 5.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Bill Carmody is a very overrated coach. Well on his way to missing the tournament again, and his coaching in the last 30 seconds of tonight's game was awful.

Oh, wow. I switched back to Stanford-Va Tech when Northwestern was down like 13 with 3 minutes to go.