Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

Oh please. Purdue does have two great players, but the rest of their team is practically MAC level talent. Johnson deserves all the credit in the world. ILL has received the cream of the crop on the recruiting the past four years, Weber has no excuse for his crappy results. McCamey is a great player, but in the losses, he disappears down the stretch in a lot of games, its not hard to see.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Again that simply is not based in fact. Hell just the other night he scored 14 of the final 16 points to take down the Badgers. There are certainly arguments against McCamey, but you're going with the wrong ones.

He has to close games for ILL because no other player seems to actually want to run the offense. He is basically the entire team at times like that, a very valuable player. Who will take over that role when he leaves is a huge question mark for them next year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
He has to close games for ILL because no other player seems to actually want to run the offense. He is basically the entire team at times like that, a very valuable player. Who will take over that role when he leaves is a huge question mark for them next year.

Which is sad because of how much talent is on that team. It could even be argued that they have more than MSU and OSU. I'm starting to believe Purdue fans when they said Bruce Weber can thank Matt Painter for landing him the Illinois job, he made that SIU team go.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Which is sad because of how much talent is on that team. It could even be argued that they have more than MSU and OSU. I'm starting to believe Purdue fans when they said Bruce Weber can thank Matt Painter for landing him the Illinois job, he made that SIU team go.

Ugh, now you're just being an annoying Hoosier fan. Give it up.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)

Meh, they dont have more than OSU, but maybe MSU. Both have stellar freshman classes, but OSU's appears better at the outset which is what the rankings reflected.

End of an era, last major college sporting event between Iowa State and Nebraska in Lincoln tomorrow night. Would like to see us try to keep scheduling them.

I will always be very pleased that in our last ever Big 12 football game in Lincoln, I got to f*** around all around Memorial Stadium and saw the most improbable game ever.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
God, I hate Cr8on. 2 garbage shots as shot clock expires in OT. SIU played good defense and than that.

I love them, but for different reasons. :P

Tough getting a read on the Valley this year. Guessin it's WSU, MoSt, Creighton and then everyone else.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
I love them, but for different reasons. :P

Tough getting a read on the Valley this year. Guessin it's WSU, MoSt, Creighton and then everyone else.

It's WSU and Mo State, the rest of the league is complete garbage, like COMPLETE garbage.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 07:05 AM)
It's WSU and Mo State, the rest of the league is complete garbage, like COMPLETE garbage.

SIU hasn't looked that bad. That's good to see. My squad on the other hand is COMPLETE garbage.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
SIU hasn't looked that bad. That's good to see. My squad on the other hand is COMPLETE garbage.

It's the same crap as last year. We lose every f***in close game(yes we actually won one this year on a crazy shot by Fay) because we simply get outcoached down the stretch. Now, I didn't see much of last nights game and according to Brian, Creighton made some crazy shots in OT but like I said, it's the same f***in story. The only difference is the league is weaker.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
i love how Diamond Taylor became eligible, had a nice first game, then Lowery buried him on the bench for three straight games. cant wait til that thieving pos is gone

This is my problem as well. Makes no sense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
WTF Mizzou? Colorado having their way with the #8 Tigers.

K-State and Oklahoma State a fun game so far.

I've said it on here before, but Mizzou just isn't that good. Colorado seemed to get every bounce, but that's a totally embarrassing loss. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers finish the year outside the top 25.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
ISU vs. SIU Go Birds!

Gotta love how you can just throw a zone defense at us and we go on a 4 minute scoring drought. Chris Lowery despite being a head coach for 7 years now has apparently still never seen a zone defense, it's quite astonishing.

Also gotta love the talent level on these two teams. Carmichael and Seck are both long, athletic very smart basketball players who could start on a lot of bcs teams while the rest of these players should be playing like division 2 somewhere. Obviously I'm exaggerating a tad but unfortunately it's not that much.

Minnesota just got fouled going for a 3-pointer against Ohio State to tie the game. No call. It was a horrible play call though. But Ohio State's defender didn't get any ball, it was all wrist. Should have been a foul and Minny should have shot three to tie.

Edited by maggsmaggs