Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
That's true, but his overall game has regressed since joining UI. While his outside shooting is admittedly better than in HS/prep, he's much worse handling the ball now than 2 years ago -- I don't know how that can happen but it has. He can't get to the hole anymore and even his on-the-ball defense is worse now. I don't know what you can blame other than coaching, as Richardson is regarded as a hard worker...

How the f*** could a coach make a player a worse ball handler? That makes absolutely no sense.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
By the way, NS, this is easily the hardest playing Iowa State team that you've ever seen. I guarantee it.

Looking at how they finish when they are behind, I believe it. I've only gotten to watch them once so far this year. I am hoping they show up on ESPN2 or something, sometime the rest of the season.

Next four games:

tomorrow @ Okie State

Sat @ Mizzou

1/26 vs Tech

1/29 vs OU

That's two they should win (the home games), a 3rd they could (@ OSU). Mizzou on the road will probably not go well.

But then it gets brutal: @ Colo, vs KSU, @ KU, @ A&M, vs Mizzou, @Tex.

The next two are on ESPNU. The other thing is that the top three players aren't even 100%. Garrett has the flu, Christopherson has bone spurs in his shooting elbow, and Vanderbeken has ankle tendinitis. And still playing well.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
best stretch of the game by far is when tisdale is not in the game

mccamey

richardson

paul

richmond

davis

Tisdale is a black hole sometimes

Illinois played great defense but MSU still missed some open shots that could have made it really interesting down the stretch.

Illinois will have to play a near perfect game to beat the Buckeyes on Saturday. It should be a great atmosphere as long as Ohio State doesn't jump ahead early.

Nice win last night. Good to see Davis going up to get some rebounds. I know MSU's thing is rebounding, but giving up 17 offensive boards? Not good. I'm also not sure how you win by making one field goal in the last 10 minutes of a close game. Weird. Anyway, we'll take it. I thought we'd find a way to jag it. Protect home court and try to win some games on the road...thus is life in the Big Ten.

Big game Saturday. Never know what could happen if we come out and shoot well at home, which we have been doing. How many minutes will Tisdale play before Sullinger/Lauderdale foul him out? I have 11.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
Nice win last night. Good to see Davis going up to get some rebounds. I know MSU's thing is rebounding, but giving up 17 offensive boards? Not good. I'm also not sure how you win by making one field goal in the last 10 minutes of a close game. Weird. Anyway, we'll take it. I thought we'd find a way to jag it. Protect home court and try to win some games on the road...thus is life in the Big Ten.

Big game Saturday. Never know what could happen if we come out and shoot well at home, which we have been doing. How many minutes will Tisdale play before Sullinger/Lauderdale foul him out? I have 11.

I've been a huge Tisdale supporter the last couple of years. I think he brings a really unique skill set that the Big Ten just doesn't have (a big that can extend the floor and be deadly from 15+ feet). I don't think he's been utilized near enough this year (where's the dribble drive, dump off for the 15 foot baseline shot he used to take 4-5 times a game?), but that game last night just made it abundantly clear that we're a better, more physical and athletic team without him in there. We dominated MSU when the lineup was McCamey, Richardson, Paul, Richmond and Davis. Weber needs to go to that style of play if this team is going to reach its potential.

I'm interested to see how the game Saturday goes. I don't think Ohio State is playing it's best basketball right now. They've won, obviously, but close games against Iowa and Penn St. Hopefully Illinois can take advantage.