Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

Good call on the dump off baseline shots. Those seemed to have turned into the straight-on threes instead. Not sure why all those have disappeared, he was money from that spot. I wish this team had a Shaun Pruitt to help play inside. We'd actually have somewhat of a post game, and a better rebounding team.

On a separate note...you don't hear much ISU chirping on here anymore.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be asking too much for Miami to fire two incompetent coaches in the same year.

I'm really not even mad at this team. I feel sorry that these players will waste 4 years of the basketball lives playing for a coach who is about as smart as a doorknob.

Iowa State with another oh-so-close loss on the road. After losing on a single free through with less than a second left at Nebraska, they lost in OT to Okie State. This team is much more competitive in the B12 than anyone thought they would be. Even the games they have lost, they have stayed very close, even on the road or against a team like Kansas.

But Freddy has some recruiting work to do. Three of his starters are seniors.

I still think this team has a strong shot at an NIT bid. NCAA chances that we already slim are fading.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Iowa State with another oh-so-close loss on the road. After losing on a single free through with less than a second left at Nebraska, they lost in OT to Okie State. This team is much more competitive in the B12 than anyone thought they would be. Even the games they have lost, they have stayed very close, even on the road or against a team like Kansas.

But Freddy has some recruiting work to do. Three of his starters are seniors.

I still think this team has a strong shot at an NIT bid. NCAA chances that we already slim are fading.

All is forgiven with a win tonight. I don't think we can ball with Mizzou for 40 minutes, but we'll try.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
So is it a little clearer who the best player in the Big Ten is?

Was there ever any doubt that it was Sullinger?

And by the way, who ever said McCamey was the best PG in the Big Ten...well, he's not in the top 3 (I'd take Lucas, Taylor and Battle first). Craft outplayed him today.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)

And by the way, who ever said McCamey was the best PG in the Big Ten...well, he's not in the top 3 (I'd take Lucas, Taylor and Battle first). Craft outplayed him today.

A page back it was McCamey

Won't miss Mike and Mike on the inside after this year, just way too soft (although Sulllinger is going to dominate a lot of people). Fact of the matter is though, Illinois lost this game because McCamey seemed to forget there was a game. He's been horrendous from the field the last 4 games, and this team can't survive with him playing like that.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)

This is laughable.

Anyways, props to Ohio State. They won a decent game for the first time since November, although I expect to be the case further on.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
You ready to score 110 points tonight? :P

Ha I saw your line of -14 on Rock M and think that's laughable. It's always entertaining with Mizzou. They might pull away late, but we haven't blown out real teams this year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
This is laughable.

Anyways, props to Ohio State. They won a decent game for the first time since November, although I expect to be the case further on.

You are aware they beat the Gophers who are higher ranked than Ill in Jan right?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Why was Richmond on the bench down the stretch? What happened to DJ Richardson?

He really wasn't. He was on the bench at times in the last minute when Weber tried to get as many 3 pt shooters on the floor as possible. He played 15 minutes in the 2nd half. No idea with Richardson, he has been in a bad funk the last 4 games but at least he put the ball on the floor a few times today.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Ha I saw your line of -14 on Rock M and think that's laughable. It's always entertaining with Mizzou. They might pull away late, but we haven't blown out real teams this year.

LOL, Mizzou is such a bad matchup for us.