Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
I agree with this. What did Lowery say though?

Nevermind, I saw it. What a jag. Dude had over half our rebounds.

I saw DT play so much in high school and when he transferred I was so excited.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Iowa State was so close.

Good things are on their way.

For a team that was picked by many to be the absolute worst in the B12, I am pretty happy with what the Clones are doing. Giving KU a run for their money is a nice step, and they were one last mircosecond free throw away on the road at Nebraska. Hoiberg doing things with this team that people didn't think possible when the season opened.

Still, they need 6 or 7 wins in the conference to go to the NIT, and that would be a nice step for them. NCAA still a long shot at best.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
I just meant that I can't see Kemba keeping up his 30 ppg average in the tough Big East.

Oh gotcha. It's at 26 now. I bet it finishes around 23 though. There are some teams in the BEast that he matches up real well with. I think he'll get some benefit from not having a #2 guy on hi steam though. Sullinger has a better surrounding cast, Nolan Smith isn't even the best player on his team, and Fredette will be punished for playing for BYU. I get what you're saying though, but if he keeps it up to even a lesser degree he should be in the top 3 contention all year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Lol at the people who thought Duke had a shot to make an undefeated run (and they wouldn't have with Irving either IMO). You saw tonight just how hard it is, even in the case of Ohio State and Kansas winning.

Duke will struggle with teams as long and athletic as Florida State this year. Problem is, unless you're a Duke fan, there aren't many of those teams in the country this year.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
what a weekend....my Dores on espn with dickie V against UT, Going to the Bulls-heat tonight, party for bears seahawks game tomorrow...plus all the other NFL

I can't believe we won. When the game was 30-13, I was about ready to turn it off.

Ugh, typical NU basketball, 3 point lead late in regulation and with 3 minutes left in OT and blow it both times. If someone had just spiked Green's knee a couple of weeks ago my guys could have two wins over MSU, instead we're still stuck on the wrong side of the bubble until NU beats someone good. :fight

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Richmond went home for a few days, and the report is it was for personal reasons. Lots of speculation out there of course, but no one seems to know when he'll play again. No way would he transfer, as it's much more likely he tries to go pro after this season instead of sit out a year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Richmond went home for a few days, and the report is it was for personal reasons. Lots of speculation out there of course, but no one seems to know when he'll play again. No way would he transfer, as it's much more likely he tries to go pro after this season instead of sit out a year.

Sad, but doesn't surprise me. I know some friends of his I am gonna text.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
Jim Jackson said his sources have told him Richmond is transfering.

Jim Jackson also said Jereme Richmond wasn't at the game so he is also a dumbass and doesn't watch his own network. Richmond has been cheering the team on the entire game and I've seen him talking to the coaches a lot as well. Would be strange behavior for a guy who is going to transfer right now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Refs have ruined this game.

Going to call 3-4 touch fouls against Illini now because of all the fouls theyve called on Wisconsin.

Id rather just watch 2 teams play, because the refs are just so inconsistent and killing this game (for both teams).

They have been truly awful. I would have liked to have actually seen a basketball game today.

Also, Mike Davis and Mike Tisdale are the most maddening players ever. Both are capable of terrific performances but for the most part they both just disappoint and they each absolutely killed Illinois's momentum today. Tisdale missed a layup when Illinois had a chance to get the lead down to 4 and then he commits a stupid offensive foul on the next possession. And then later in the game Davis misses yet another 2 foot shot because he is a p**** when a make there cuts the lead to 6. Also, only one rebound by Davis today, nice job. I can't wait for him to graduate.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Also, Mike Davis and Mike Tisdale are the most maddening players ever. Both are capable of terrific performances but for the most part they both just disappoint and they each absolutely killed Illinois's momentum today. Tisdale missed a layup when Illinois had a chance to get the lead down to 4 and then he commits a stupid offensive foul on the next possession. And then later in the game Davis misses yet another 2 foot shot because he is a p**** when a make there cuts the lead to 6. Also, only one rebound by Davis today, nice job. I can't wait for him to graduate.

Tisdale has been playing like he is 6'4 this year at times

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
Tisdale has been playing like he is 6'4 this year at times

His rebounding has been a lot better, but unfortunately Mike Davis has just stopped rebounding altogether lately. But he still goes up softly way too often and rushes shots around the rim when he really doesn't need to.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Jim Jackson said his sources have told him Richmond is transfering.

It would be a good move. If you look at what Weber has done to Paul and Richardson, they're farther from being NBA players now than when they left high school. For Richmond's sake, I hope he goes to legit program where he can develop his game.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
It would be a good move. If you look at what Weber has done to Paul and Richardson, they're farther from being NBA players now than when they left high school. For Richmond's sake, I hope he goes to legit program where he can develop his game.

They are also just sophmomores.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
They are also just sophmomores.

And Paul is actually starting to play really good basketball the last couple of games. Paul was pretty raw coming in which was obvious last year. His jump shot was inconsistent because his form was inconsistent and he has improved a lot from last year to this year in that area but he has made a giant leap in his ball handling and decision making. As for DJ, I don't think anyone ever thought he was anything other than a 4 year college player (albeit a very very good one).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
As for DJ, I don't think anyone ever thought he was anything other than a 4 year college player (albeit a very very good one).

That's true, but his overall game has regressed since joining UI. While his outside shooting is admittedly better than in HS/prep, he's much worse handling the ball now than 2 years ago -- I don't know how that can happen but it has. He can't get to the hole anymore and even his on-the-ball defense is worse now. I don't know what you can blame other than coaching, as Richardson is regarded as a hard worker...