Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Barring a comeback, looks like another new #1 next week. Who does Texas have this week?

Texas should have been #1 to begin with. They won in Lawrence so ranking Kansas ahead of them was silly. Good thing this isn't football where rankings matter.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
Texas should have been #1 to begin with. They won in Lawrence so ranking Kansas ahead of them was silly. Good thing this isn't football where rankings matter.

Ohio State should have remained the #1 team in the country.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
Ohio State should have remained the #1 team in the country.

I mean, you really could have made a fair argument for any of them, and as Dan said it really doesn't matter. Texas is playing the best basketball in the country by far right now but the rankings are meaningless.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)

Eh. KU only had 1 loss and Texas had 3. Nothing wrong with Kansas being bumped up to #1 IMO.

Kinda like how when the UConn women lost they fell and Baylor hopped up to #1 even though Baylor lost to UConn earlier in the year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Eh. KU only had 1 loss and Texas had 3. Nothing wrong with Kansas being bumped up to #1 IMO.

Kinda like how when the UConn women lost they fell and Baylor hopped up to #1 even though Baylor lost to UConn earlier in the year.

Difference being that Baylor lost by 1 at UCONN(makes me sad that I know that) where as Texas won at KU. Like I said though, you could have really made a fair argument for any of the top 3 to be number 1 as of yesterday, but it obviously doesn't matter so not sure why I keep discussing it, ha.

Ohio State has beaten 2 top 25 kenpom teams: @Illinois, and crushing Purdue at home

Kansas has beaten 2: Arizona on a neutral court, Missouri at home

Texas has beaten 4: Missouri at home, Illinois in New York, North Carolina in NC, and at Kansas

Texas also won at Michigan State, which tOSU has a chance to do tonight.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
Ohio State has beaten 2 top 25 kenpom teams: @Illinois, and crushing Purdue at home

Kansas has beaten 2: Arizona on a neutral court, Missouri at home

Texas has beaten 4: Missouri at home, Illinois in New York, North Carolina in NC, and at Kansas

Texas also won at Michigan State, which tOSU has a chance to do tonight.

Msu is in the 40's though. Florida is not that far off of that list and OSU smoked them on the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
If I had the first pick in the NBA draft, I very well might take Tristan Thompson. He's had an amazing impact on the defense of Texas.

Offensively though he has some work to do. I don't think I'd take him top 10 at the moment to be honest. Too many other intriguing players ahead of him right now

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Offensively though he has some work to do. I don't think I'd take him top 10 at the moment to be honest. Too many other intriguing players ahead of him right now

I'd be interested to know the other 10. Only ones that I'd consider over him are P. Jones, Irving, Sullinger, and Barnes. Of the 5, Thompson has the greatest chance to turn into a superstar, IMO.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
I want the Bulls to get Leuer. But thats just mainly being a homer.

I really hope Taylor doesnt leave. it would have been unimaginable early in the year, but hes starting to get hype.

I'm hoping they draft Tisdale

Tristan Thompson is very impressive, but I like his teammate Jordan Hamilton even more.

My top 5 at the moment is...

1. Kanter

2. Irving

3. Barnes

4. Hamilton

5. Sullinger

Guys like Knight, Thompson, and Terrance Jones are just outside of my top 5.

Knight may not be a natural PG, but you can't over look his value as an athlete at the position that can stay with the other freak PG's in the NBA.

Jordan Williams at Maryland is my sleeper for the lotto. If he can shed baby weight, he will be a load in the paint.

I'm interested to see how these guys measure out at the combines as well. Are Sullinger and Thompson closer to 6'7 or 6'10? Is Kanter a legit 6'10-6'11?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Tristan Thompson is very impressive, but I like his teammate Jordan Hamilton even more.

My top 5 at the moment is...

1. Kanter

2. Irving

3. Barnes

4. Hamilton

5. Sullinger

Guys like Knight, Thompson, and Terrance Jones are just outside of my top 5.

Knight may not be a natural PG, but you can't over look his value as an athlete at the position that can stay with the other freak PG's in the NBA.

Jordan Williams at Maryland is my sleeper for the lotto. If he can shed baby weight, he will be a load in the paint.

I'm interested to see how these guys measure out at the combines as well. Are Sullinger and Thompson closer to 6'7 or 6'10? Is Kanter a legit 6'10-6'11?

Sullinger will prob measure between 6'8" and 6'9" with a good reach. His talent isnt his height, its his gigantic ass.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Palehose, I'm a big fan of Williams, but his game doesn't translate well to the NBA level right now. Thompson's wing span is insane, which should boost him up the ranks. Also, I thought I heard Kanter might stay another year at Kentucky.

Unless something has changed, there is no way Kanter isn't in this upcoming draft. He was ruled permanently ineligible so there wouldn't be any reason for him to stay at Kentucky another year.