The Manram Thread

hi8is

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5529463

Not only was Ramirez talking on Friday, he also had his dreadlocks cut by his personal barber, Angel Pena, nicknamed "Monster99." Ramirez flew Pena to Boston and asked to have exactly 99 (his jersey number) millimeters cut off.

So 4 inches? That's not getting it above his shoulders. There's no reason for me to care if he doesn't follow team policy, so long as management doesn't make a stink.

As old as this is, and as late as you are with it, still f***ing hilarious. :lolhitting

Funny thing is that more than half the time he sounds like Tony Montana... but when he DOES sound like Ozzie he's dead on. Would have liked to hear him use the words "kid," "ball" and "good" because his accent on those words is hilarious.

Manny's at-bats so far have been among the best a Sox hitter has had in years. Not since Hurt have we had a chance to watch a hitter mentally own a pitcher like Manny has. You just can't fool the guy. He's ready for anything and adjusts from pitch to pitch. That's what his former teammates mean by making all the hitters better.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Manny's at-bats so far have been among the best a Sox hitter has had in years. Not since Hurt have we had a chance to watch a hitter mentally own a pitcher like Manny has. You just can't fool the guy. He's ready for anything and adjusts from pitch to pitch. That's what his former teammates mean by making all the hitters better.

Yeah, Konerko hasn't had a stretch like Manny's 6 or 7 ABs in years. Get real. Manny's been good, but please.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
maybe i've just been blocking it out because of its overwhelming lameness. hard to avoid it when the guys on my team, though.

the nickname makes me think of ned beatty. and not in a good way.

ManRam actually makes me think of ManBearPig.

"Half Man... Half Ram, that's why he has dreads, to cover his ram horns."

/green

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5529463

So 4 inches? That's not getting it above his shoulders. There's no reason for me to care if he doesn't follow team policy, so long as management doesn't make a stink.

Ugh, I think it's ridiculous that Manny had to trim his signature dreads! >:-O

You guys argue about all the arbitrary things you like, I'm just glad he's in black and white. If he's making a few pitchers s*** their pants in fear which equals him getting on base or Konerko getting an easy pitch, then his purpose is served. His measly 4 million is worth the gamble and if it pays off, we'll be sipping the good stuff like we did 5 years ago. I've said it all year, ALCS is gonna be us against the evil empire (Yankees) and if we do, in fact, get that far, let's celebrate that our team had the balls to get there and it took Manny to put us over the top. Worst case, we're not in Pittsburgh or the Northside. We're not built to win over the long haul but, let's have some fun while we've got a few guys still mashing the ball and getting some serious ugly strikes called.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)

Paul!

Konerko!

Gordon!

Beckham! (last year's run).

Carlos!

Quentin! (when he gets hot).

Alexei!

Ramirez! (when he gets hot)

My peeve was manny getting the credit for our two game winners vs. the Tribe. Uh, AJP and Paulie were the ones to whack it out of the park, not Mr. OnDeck Circle.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Don't know much about hitting do you?

Apparently a hell of a lot more than you. 7 quality AB, the likes have which have not been seen on the southside since Frank Thomas was in his prime....you are delusional. Almost every player has had a string of 7 AB that were as good or better than Manny's first seven at some point, but its Manny. Everything he does is the best. A journeyman reliever for Cleveland hung AJ a curveball because he was so scared Manny was on deck. Another hung a curve to an MVP candidate, a guy hitting over .400 his last 30 games and a guy hitting .350 the last 3 months, because he was scared. Manny was on deck.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Don't know much about hitting do you?

I gotta agree with DA here, what you are saying is pretty hyperbolic. In case you didnt notice, Konerko has been having an MVP season all year, and only 3 games Manny has been in the lineup. Pauly has been working the count all year.

Plus, lets not forget some of the past great hitters that have put on a White Sox uniform and have had great strings of at bats like Ordonez, Lee, Belle and also play the mental game with pitchers. Manny looks good, but lets not get crazy here. He has hit a few gork shots and a nice oppo double

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)

I think its because Manny has finally been able to work with a quality hitting coach like Greg Walker

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
Manny is sitting today. I thought he would DH 30 games, or until the Sox were out of it.

He's more valuable sitting. He could come up to pinch hit at any time. Beckett and the rest of the Red Sox know this, so the White Sox should have a field day as the threat of Manny batting is actually more prevalent when he's on the bench, because it could be at any time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Apparently a hell of a lot more than you. 7 quality AB, the likes have which have not been seen on the southside since Frank Thomas was in his prime....you are delusional. Almost every player has had a string of 7 AB that were as good or better than Manny's first seven at some point, but its Manny. Everything he does is the best. A journeyman reliever for Cleveland hung AJ a curveball because he was so scared Manny was on deck. Another hung a curve to an MVP candidate, a guy hitting over .400 his last 30 games and a guy hitting .350 the last 3 months, because he was scared. Manny was on deck.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
He's more valuable sitting. He could come up to pinch hit at any time. Beckett and the rest of the Red Sox know this, so the White Sox should have a field day as the threat of Manny batting is actually more prevalent when he's on the bench, because it could be at any time.

Awesome posts by Richie Allen.

Manny is new so he's the bomb. The unknown is always better than the known, you know.

We need to put Manny on the on deck circle the entire game. The fear he will instill will mean another W.