White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
why? don kelly has been hitting the ball well, miggy hasn't.

miggy is the best hitter in the american league. i easily pitch around him to get to a hot journeyman any day of the week. i blast ozzie all the time, but not on that move there.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
miggy is the best hitter in the american league. i easily pitch around him to get to a hot journeyman any day of the week. i blast ozzie all the time, but not on that move there.

Agreed completely, if Kotsay wasn't a mediocre defensive player, that inning never happens. Of course, pitching Harrell in a meaningful game is a recipe for disaster. 5th starter is now a huge concern going forward.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
Agreed completely, if Kotsay wasn't a mediocre defensive player, that inning never happens. Of course, pitching Harrell in a meaningful game is a recipe for disaster. 5th starter is now a huge concern going forward.

Is Orlando Hernandez available? 2005 Powers Activate!

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
Is Orlando Hernandez available? 2005 Powers Activate!

Don't get Greg excited! BTW, Garcia with nearly a 6 ERA since the ASB. It's funny how people still try to argue how great the Sox staff is compared to the Twins.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
haven't seen this yet, just the one terrible play by kotsay that led to 4 unearned runs.

1) Teahen just had a horrible reaction to a ball that Vizquel would have stopped. Scores on Damon's homer. One run.

2) Kotsay's error opened the floodgates. 4 runs

3) Quentin threw needlessly to the plate instead of holding the runner at first...so when Ramirez had that play deep in the hole, he has a legit shot to get the runner coming from 1st to 2nd...except that runner was at 2nd instead, leaving no outs available around the diamond. Ramirez did save one run on that play, but it obviously wasn't enough with Harrell hanging breaking balls out there. 2-3 runs (contributory negligence)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
1) Teahen just had a horrible reaction to a ball that Vizquel would have stopped. Scores on Damon's homer. One run.

Simply put, we didn't have a good enough lineup or starting pitcher to beat a good starter in Verlander tonight. Hopefully PK comes back soon, we really need some power in the lineup for those games when we can't string together 12 hits.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
Indeed.

I remember Rongey dismissing the Twins' staff maybe 6-8 weeks ago and knew he would end up eating those words.

Of course, in the end, it will always be about our pitching, lol.

So basically, no Konerko, no Beckham, no Garcia...not good. Although SUPPOSEDLY Konerko could have played tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)

3) Quentin threw needlessly to the plate instead of holding the runner at first...so when Ramirez had that play deep in the hole, he has a legit shot to get the runner coming from 1st to 2nd...except that runner was at 2nd instead, leaving no outs available around the diamond. Ramirez did save one run on that play, but it obviously wasn't enough with Harrell hanging breaking balls out there. 2-3 runs (contributory negligence)

meh, i don't think that qualifies as a meltdown my friend

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
okay you ozzipologists, let me hear ya...tell me once again how kotsay > thome

Ozzipologists will never admit that he even ever makes mistakes, let alone that he is an awful manager. The Kotsay thing is such an abortion, he should be non-stop booed every time he's on the field. He flat out sucks.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
it was a stretch to beat verlander with freddy on the mound. I'm fine with taking 3 of 4 in detoilet.

No matter how you slice it, if the Sox are more than 3 games down in the lost column by next tuesday, forget it

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
meh, i don't think that qualifies as a meltdown my friend

It is when we have no Konerko/Beckham and Harrell/Garcia on the mound against Verlander. Well, it's all semantics, maybe it was a bit of hyperbole, but let's just say if the defense makes all those plays the White Sox still have only about a 20% chance of winning with this line-up and Harrell pitching and on the road.

How many bad jumps has Juan Pierre gotten this year? Jeez.